PDA

View Full Version : Air Norton in the Bridge?

marnold
February 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Robert/Bobby's new videos today prompted/forced/compelled me to call Dimarzio for input on my pickups selections. The guy I spoke with thought that Area 61s with a single 500K volume pot would be best because the 58s/67s might be too bright otherwise. I also asked if Dimarzio had a humbucker similar to the Screamin' Demon, aka bright with PAFish output. He suggested an Air Norton. I know that's "normally" a neck pickup but has been used in the bridge. I think it would work well with the 61s. Several reviews compared it to a SD 59, which the Demon is based on. It's $25 cheaper than the Demon too. Anyone ever try an Air Norton in the bridge?

Tone2TheBone
February 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Can't sat as I have buddy and I'm a Dimarzio kinda guy too. Wouldn't hurt to try I say go for it and if all else fails you'd just have to think to yourself..."what would George Lynch do". ;)

JohnnyGtar
August 18th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Can't sat as I have buddy and I'm a Dimarzio kinda guy too. Wouldn't hurt to try I say go for it and if all else fails you'd just have to think to yourself..."what would George Lynch do". ;)

If George played DiMarzios, I'd bet good money that one of the bridge pickups he liked would be an Air Norton. Blows the Demon out of the water IMHO.

PS: George is a friend so if he reads this the results oughta be a HOOT! LOL :thwap: