PDA

View Full Version : Vox UK '80s video

Robert
February 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
One more for today... :D

UK '80s modeling noodling...

oldguy
February 7th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Nice sounding preset, there, Robert! Good combination with your Strat, IMO.:AOK:

Robert
February 8th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks Oldguy. It's not the preset, I tweaked it manually. It's a bit hotter sound with this model.

Radioboy950
February 8th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I use this model for just about all my crunchy rock. But , like Robert says, it benefits from a couple 'o tweaks. For me, the pre-set is a little too dark & thumpy (which is probably more cab related), so I just roll off some bass.

It sounds great with HUMBUCKERS, Robert:poke:

Tweed pre-set is my "go to" clean for this amp (w/TS9 pedal for a tad bit of OD)

Robert
February 8th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I don't have a good humbucker guitar, so what can I do. A lot the models on the right side of the knob really need a humbucker guitar.

Katastrophe
February 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM
This and the Vox AC30 preset have to be my favorite sounds out of that amph with that Strat. I like how bright the guitar sounds. I'll bet you have no problems cutting through the mix at a gig!

It's amazing how good those Vox amphs sound. They are really growing on me. MORE GAS! :D

FrankAxtell
February 8th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Killin ' tone and playing Robert....I really dig these video's you post.:bravo:

duhvoodooman
February 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I don't have a good humbucker guitar, so what can I do.
Ummmm, BUY ONE?!? :poke: ;)

Robert
February 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
What a novel idea, vood. Well, that day will come one day, rest assured... for now, I spent all my allowance on that DD-20. :)

marnold
February 8th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ummmm, BUY ONE?!? :poke: ;)
Yeah, Robert, all the cool kids have humbuckers. You want to be cool, don't you?

(I figure if your videos can give me GAS I might as well "pass GAS" right back atcha!)