PDA

View Full Version : Robert's Country bends

tot_Ou_tard
March 26th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Very cool licks there Robert....but whoaaa Nelly it waaaAAaaayyy too fast for me.

Can anyone teach me how to play like the guitarist on Lucinda Williams Live @ the Fillmore. That is a very tasty album.

If not, how about Jerry Garcia, Eric Clapton, Marc Ribot...f*ck anybody. The dude from the WelcomeBack theme song even.

Ahhh, yes back to trying to get the 3rd string to ring when I barre chords....

r_a_smith3530
March 27th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I've got an even better idea. How about learning how to play like tot_Ou_tard? All those famous folks you just mentioned have their own styles, and became famous because of their own styles, not because they copied someone else!

Just some dribble and food for thought. The music should come from you, and come from your heart. Play chord progressions and scales long enough, and it will do just that!

Then, and only then, are you beginning to get somewhere!

SuperSwede
March 27th, 2006, 01:36 PM
True words, Rob.

Stop emulating & start innovating ! :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 27th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I have much too broad tastes in music to really want to sound like someone else. But at this point in the learning curve, I'll take everything and anything...

Robert
May 6th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Emulating is good for learning though. Don't be afraid to copy other's people stuff. I do it all the time. You'll still add your own personal touch, so in the end, you will sound unique in your own way.