PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul Ultra II Website

wingsdad
February 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
This hybrid LP guitar has drawn a bunch of attention in Robert's 'So If I Want a Les Paul style guitar..." thread.

Epiphone introduced it at Winter NAMM demo'd by Heart's Nancy Wilson, now it's available, and they've launched it's own 'mini website' to further stimulate fretmaniac flatulence :
Epi Les Paul Ultra II Mini-Site (http://www.epiphone.com/ultraII/)

just strum
February 9th, 2008, 07:34 AM
That is certainly a GAS producing guitar. I don't need one, but if I did...;)

Guitar Gal
February 9th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Epiphone is also giving away an Ultra II signed by Nancy Wilson. Here is the link:

http://www.epiphone.com/

Look for Nancy on the left side of the ad and click on it. I don't NEED this guitar either, but if I were to get a free one........:dude:

GG

duhvoodooman
February 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
+1. Very impressive flexibility in this guitar. As long as the workmanship & playability is up to snuff, it looks to be just an unbelievable value!

player
February 9th, 2008, 10:29 AM
really don't need another either but entered anyway along with a million others.be a kick in the head if anyone I knew won it including me.:rockon:

Gil Janus
February 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
There's actually 2 free guitars. :bravo:

One is signed by Nancy Wilson - ends on the 29th of Feb.

The other is for both Ann and Nancy of Heart - ends on the 14th of Feb.

Gil :cool: :AOK:

just strum
February 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
There's actually 2 free guitars. :bravo:

One is signed by Nancy Wilson - ends on the 29th of Feb.

The other is for both Ann and Nancy of Heart - ends on the 14th of Feb.

Gil :cool: :AOK:

Oh crap, now I have a decision to make.

Plank_Spanker
February 9th, 2008, 04:27 PM
This hybrid LP guitar has drawn a bunch of attention in Robert's 'So If I Want a Les Paul style guitar..." thread.

Epiphone introduced it at Winter NAMM demo'd by Heart's Nancy Wilson, now it's available, and they've launched it's own 'mini website' to further stimulate fretmaniac flatulence :
Epi Les Paul Ultra II Mini-Site (http://www.epiphone.com/ultraII/)

That's a right sweet looking Lester. :D It would be interesting to see it credibly reviewed. Epiphone has definitely kicked things up a notch in the past few years.

sunvalleylaw
February 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
As I said in the other thread, it is on my A list and I will start saving. And sure, I will enter too. ;-)

Tone2TheBone
February 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Nancy rocks! You guys should buy one. Come on Sunny and Bobby what are you waiting for!

sunvalleylaw
February 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Nancy rocks! You guys should buy one. Come on Sunny and Bobby what are you waiting for!

I must have patience and save. The right one will come. That model looks like a real winner for what I want though. A LOT of versatility displayed in that vid!

Plank_Spanker
February 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I must have patience and save. The right one will come. That model looks like a real winner for what I want though. A LOT of versatility displayed in that vid!

OK. Here's the plan:

You buy this guitar and post a very objective review of it once the honeymoon period has waned. We all need the "good word" from a trusted source such as you.

Sound good to you, sunvalley? :D

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Yep, will be sure to do so once I can. :-)

just strum
February 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Yep, will be sure to do so once I can. :-)

Sounds like you pretty much zeroed in on this one. It is a sweet looking guitar.

sunvalleylaw
February 11th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Sounds like you pretty much zeroed in on this one. It is a sweet looking guitar.

Well, you never know. I will go to the store and try a few, but it sure looks good on paper and in the vids.

just strum
February 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Well, you never know. I will go to the store and try a few, but it sure looks good on paper and in the vids.

I am tempted to check one out, but you know what that can lead to.

Jimi75
February 12th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I have just visited the new gibson.com site and I really had to look twice at the prices. A standard costs 3,3KUSD??? Time to go for Epiphone all the way and the Ultra is really pretty cool.

Algonquin
February 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Ao2CVfUwNjI

Highway_61
October 11th, 2008, 01:04 AM
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but...

I recently purchased an Ultra II, and it truly seems like The One.

sunvalleylaw
October 11th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I must have patience and save. The right one will come. That model looks like a real winner for what I want though. A LOT of versatility displayed in that vid!Congrats Highway61! It looks like it would be great. For me, for now, as it turns out, the right one was named Viking. :) This one looks great though. The very nice, articulate LP type I have seen lately that deserves a look is that Ibanez Art300 Spud got. A very versatile, expressive guitar.

Highway_61
October 11th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Congrats Highway61! It looks like it would be great. For me, for now, as it turns out, the right one was named Viking. :) This one looks great though. The very nice, articulate LP type I have seen lately that deserves a look is that Ibanez Art300 Spud got. A very versatile, expressive guitar.

Thank you, sunvalleylaw.

The Viking is very sweet, as is the Art300. For me, in regard to the Ultra II, it's all about the Neomag pickup. I've been drawn to piezo-equipped guitars for a while now, but the Neomag, to me, is superior to every piezo system I've tried, thus far. (Though I still hold the Peavey Generation S/S/H w/ ACM in very high regard.)

Duff
October 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I have a similar guitar: a Schecter C1 E/A. It is the same idea.

The old version of the guitar had the two plug set up like the Ultra two.

I got the next generation model with an integrated single plug that works either as stereo or mono. On mono both channels go to the guitar amp and it does not sound nearly as good as if you run it stereo; one cord to the guitar amp and the other to the acoustic amp or PA. This way it sounds really awesome.

I had mine hot rodded with a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge. Awesome sound. Put the SD designed buckers in my son's new gloss black Epi LP studio for a major upgrade in tone and power, plus that cool nickel plated look.

The Schecter was originally eight hundred and something at GC but I got it at one of those sales, new for 329. They are no longer in production to my knowledge but I bet you could get a new old stock one.

I'd love to have an Ultra II.

Duffy

I have to take some more pictures. Maybe I'll play that guitar tonight.