PDA

View Full Version : "Rats and Monkeys"

markb
February 11th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Well, in fact only one of each. Funny how when you buy a new amp you have to review your pedals too. I've been using a Blues Driver for general purpose OD duties but now find that the AD50VT does that a lot better. What I needed was a good high gain drive. A quick dig in the cupboard for my old Vintage Rat and, job done! I'd retired it when I stopped using a Strat and Vibrolux as it didn't really work well with a tele' through either a Blues Jr or Trademark 60 to my ears. It sounds great with the Fender and AC models on the VOX. It's nice when you don't have to say goodbye to an old friend.

A Bad Monkey does the boost/low gain stuff nicely, hence the title and, so there's lots of virtual beer to anyone who can identify the artist and album I got this thread title from :beer:

Spudman
February 11th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Al Stewart?
I'm also glad that I didn't get rid of my Rat. It's also the year of the Rat. Did you know?

Robert
February 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Rats, I don't have one of those! Rats!

I have to say, I am finding more and more love for my blues driver through my tube amps. Sweet, bluesy tone!

Spudman
February 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I have to say, I am finding more and more love for my blues driver through my tube amps. Sweet, bluesy tone!

Same here, but you should really try it with a Rat Robert. :poke:
Got any $ left over from the DD20? :D

Robert
February 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Same here, but you should really try it with a Rat Robert. :poke:
Got any $ left over from the DD20? :D

NOPE! :D
I need to get gigging to raise some gear funds!

markb
February 11th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Al Stewart?
I'm also glad that I didn't get rid of my Rat. It's also the year of the Rat. Did you know?

It is the year of the rat, but it's not Al Stewart. That was The Year of the Cat. Altogether now, "Rats and monkeys haunt the city as it crumbles into ruin.." (OK, it's very obscure).

You really should try one, Robert, they go from light OD to fuzz across the distortion knob and give a massive boost. Much nicer than say, a DS-1. See here (http://www.ratdistortion.com/products.htm) for samples.

SuperSwede
February 11th, 2008, 01:13 PM
+1 for Rats! The RAT is my fav distorsion and iirc DVM builds deluxe versions!