PDA

View Full Version : Tremolo - what a beautiful effect

Robert
February 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I love tremolo. It's an effect that so darn pleasant to play with.

I have a cheap Ibanez TL-5, which does sound really good, except when there some gain in the signal. It works best with clean tones.

I think I got a lot of inspiration for the tremolo effect from listening to John Hiatt albums.

I am looking forward to the new Cool Cat pedals - I have a Cool Cat tremolo pedal on order. Hope it's a good one.

There's some interesting comparisons of tremolo pedals in the Feb issue of Guitar Player too.

Anyone else here a tremolo effect lover?

R_of_G
February 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
of course I love tremolo, i'm a marc ribot fan afterall. he uses a lot of it in his work with tom waits, and in many other projects as well. he makes excellent use of it.

markb
February 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM
It's the only modulation effect I've used for years. If that Cool Cat sounds anything like the Dano Tuna Melt it'll be a winner. Now that was one of the world's great musical bargains.

oldguy
February 11th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yes, I also love tremelo. And I also have the Tuna Melt, and think it's a good unit for the money. Keep us posted on that Cool Cat trem when it arrives, Robert, and let us know how you like it. I handle my Danelectro pedals with care...... mine are in good shape, but I've seen a lot of them with the control knobs broken off.