PDA

View Full Version : It Is An Addiction!

Tim
March 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Hello fellow fretters. I write to you from Long Island, New York. I am on a business trip from Florida for the whole week. Boy it sure is cold up here. I don’t think anybody up here knows that spring is supposed to be here.

I have not been on the Fret Net for a few days. Seems to be a lot of activity and interesting reading. Welcome to all new members that I missed the past few days.

I miss my guitars and my wife. I did not realize I was so addicted to the 6 string instruments back home. I gotta find me a guitar store somewhere a round where I am staying. My second choice is to find a Borders and pick up a DVD to watch in my room.

Well I have a lot of Fret Net catching up to do. There sure are a lot of new posts. Something to keep me busy tonight while I watch thee SciFi channel. I'll be back tomorrow.

Katastrophe
March 27th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Quick, Tim, edit your post, before your wife logs on and sees you mentioned the guitars FIRST!:eek:

Business trips can be a drag, that's for sure. Every once in a while, my job takes me away from home for training, and it's no fun being away from my wife, stepdaughter and two dogs (and the guitars, too). They're all such high energy individuals that I'm getting to the point where I can't stand to be in a hotel room. Too durn quiet, not to mention being away from all the "comforts of home."

r_a_smith3530
March 27th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Tim, if you find a guitar shop, look for one of those little 3/4 scale guitars they sell. I saw one the other day at the local guitar shop, and it didn't play half bad. You figure that and either a small amp like the Pignose, or a Pandora's box and headphones, and you're in business (oops, another pun)!

Myles
March 31st, 2006, 05:10 PM
I know how you feel Tim, I'm addicted to about 5 different forums right now.

ZoSo65
March 31st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Stratacoustics are good too ;)

Tim
March 31st, 2006, 06:34 PM
Hi To All - I am back home and it sure feels good. I tried a little blues earlier this evening. I felt back in the grove after about the third song. I will catch up the posts this weekend.

I wish you all a good and long spring. I say a long spring because summer brings heat and humidity. Not good for guitars or people.

Rock on!

SuperSwede
April 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Spring... *sigh* we still have this horrible snow lying. But the grass CAN be seen on some spots of my lawn...

duhvoodooman
April 1st, 2006, 07:43 AM
Can't complain here in upstate NY! Old Man Winter finally took a hike; it was over 70F on Friday afternoon! :D