PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

strumsalot
February 13th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I've been visiting for a week or two, joined a couple of days ago and thought it was time to introduce myself. From what I've seen, y'all have a great group of people here.

Don't you just hate talking or writing about yourself? Anyway, here goes. I started playing in jr. high nearly twenty years ago, took a long hiatus in highschool and college, and picked it back up a few years ago. I consider myself an amateur. I have never had a formal lesson, just learning here and there as I go. I am a Washie, me and the missis own six, all acoustic. Strumsalot?..well I'm really working hard on my fingerpicking and even a classical piece.

I enjoy photography, old cars and working with wood. I just acquired an old parlor fixer-upper that needs restoration and am really excited about it. I guess one could say I'm a jack of all trades, master of none.

Looking foward to getting to know everyone and talking and learning about playing the guitar.

Chad

hubberjub
February 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
It's nice to have you aboard. This is a friendly place.

mrmudcat
February 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome brother where ya been??:beer:

Katastrophe
February 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Welcome! Pull up a chair and stay a while. There is a ton of information here, with all styles, abilities, ages, and many areas of the world represented.

tunghaichuan
February 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Welcome to TheFret. Good to have you here.

tung

Algonquin
February 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the Fret

:beer:

Adrian30
February 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome strumsalot! Enjoy your stay.

luvmyshiner
February 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Hey Chad, good to see ya' over here brother. Especially with all the evil goin' ons at that other place.:reallymad: It's a great group of folks here and I think you'll see a lot of familiar names.

For the rest of the fretters, Strumsalot and his bride are some of the regulars at the monthly Pearl bluegrass festival.

ted s
February 13th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Welcome Strumalot... :bravo:
note to self.. 2 Strum guys, no more shortforms

strumsalot
February 13th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I'm already feeling at home.

How's it going Mud?

Glad to be here Shiner, I see alot of familiar names in the posts.

Ted, just call me Chad.

Katastrophe, you need to come jam with us in Pearl one Saturday.

Algonquin, nice bass...largemouth?

Chad

Katastrophe
February 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Katastrophe, you need to come jam with us in Pearl one Saturday.

Chad

Thanks, Chad. Actually, I've been thinking about making the trek up there in a month or two. It would be cool to meet the other TexasFretters. If someone could temporarily supply me with a loaner acoustic, I would bring a generous supply of high quality ear plugs to block out the noise that I would generate.:D

warren0728
February 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
welcome strumsalot....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

strumsalot
February 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
If someone could temporarily supply me with a loaner acoustic

You got it bud!

Warren, should I be afraid of your pancakes???

oldguy
February 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome Chad strumsalot! :D Glad you joined us here at TheFret!:beer:
"Drinks all around for our new friend Sir Lancelot.......errrrr,.... I mean
Chad strumsalot!!!" :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

warren0728
February 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Warren, should I be afraid of your pancakes???
you'll have to use your search skills to find out... :D

BTW i'm a photographer and i like old cars and trucks too....i've got a 1954 ford f-100 truck.... :beer:

ww

Spudman
February 13th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Hi Chad

Dig in to some of our older postings. There are a lot of good ideas and maybe you'll resurrect something we all can use a refresher on.

just strum
February 13th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Chad,

Welcome to thefret, glad to see you crossed over.

ted s
February 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Algonquin, nice bass...largemouth?
Chad

Chad, that's a Canadian Largemouth Jazz Bass :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Welcome sir Spamalot, (oh wait I mean Strumsalot ;-)) Nice to have you here. Any particular old cars you like? I like some too. Hope you have fun here. I sure do.

strumsalot
February 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
you'll have to use your search skills to find out... :D

BTW i'm a photographer and i like old cars and trucks too....i've got a 1954 ford f-100 truck.... :beer:

wwI'll have to, when I have more time. Very cool truck...I like the Fords. I once owned a '65 Thunderbird and a '67 Fairlane 500, but that was when I was young and didn't have any responsibilities.

Strummy! I was wondering where you've been. How's your health?:beer:

Ted, largemouth jazz bass...:rotflmao:

Robert
February 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Welcome strumsalot! :)

just strum
February 13th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Strummy! I was wondering where you've been. How's your health?:beer:

Doing good Chad. Visit the Doc this Friday, hopefully I get the :AOK: .

Back at ya:beer:

Childbride
February 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
CHAD! BUDDY! :bravo:

glad to see ya here, my friend... trust me... you will like this place TONS!!! i love it... none of that 'other stuff'.

how's the wife? i can't wait to see you guys at Pearl again... we have to do that soon.

just got back from my lesson, and i'm soooo excited about what i get to learn this week...

problem is i'm playing electric now for this particular song and i can't do that at Pearl... owell, will have to translate it all to acoustic and show you both all the new stuff i've learned! :D :beer:

hug the wife for me, and hope to see you soon!

yeah, Katastrophe, you gotta come join us some time, i'd love to meet you; we always [the whole texas crowd, actually] bring extra guitars... and everyone shares their toys. ;)

strumsalot
February 13th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks again for all the warm welcomes!

CB, we're looking forward to seeing you and the whole gang again soon.:wave:

Is that avatar your Christmas present?

Dreadman
February 13th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Chad. Good to see ya over this way.

Can't wait to see pics of the project parlor as it progresses!

Childbride
February 13th, 2008, 09:38 PM
not exactly... when shiner and i got married, i had just had my major back surgery a month earlier. we couldn't go on a honeymoon for a year, until i was cleared to travel/not in a brace.

so we went to bimini... and that picture is one of a cool little beach we found when island exploring.

but i love the caribbean generally, and so that is my avatar, for now.

but you are correct in that it keeps me focused; in two months... i'll be on island time, mon... ;)

Tone2TheBone
February 14th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Welcome Chad sorry this is late. :)

duhvoodooman
February 14th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Chad. Looks like you already know most of the "Wash-outs". Glad to have you here!! :AOK:

strumsalot
February 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks T2TB.

"Wash-outs":D, glad to be here VoodooMan. BTW - hopeless tinkerer...I can relate.:AOK:

YerDugliness
February 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Hey, Chad, welcome!! I see the happenings on the other side of the world have forced you to search for greener pastures, too! Nice folks here, I haven't seen any flaming yet, but stay on topic--

Be seein' ya around. Next time we make Pearl, I have something for you and Beppi from AnnA.

Thanks, Chad. Actually, I've been thinking about making the trek up there in a month or two. It would be cool to meet the other TexasFretters. If someone could temporarily supply me with a loaner acoustic, I would bring a generous supply of high quality ear plugs to block out the noise that I would generate.:D

I think we could accommodate you, Katastrophe! I know I usually bring 2 or 3 guits with me when I head for Pearl!

Dugly :cool:

strumsalot
February 15th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hey, Chad, welcome!! I see the happenings on the other side of the world have forced you to search for greener pastures, too! Nice folks here, I haven't seen any flaming yet, but stay on topic--

Be seein' ya around. Next time we make Pearl, I have something for you and Beppi from AnnA.
Thanks Dugly.

tot_Ou_tard
February 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I like the Chad Strumsalot thing Old Guy!!!

Welcome Chad!!

M29
February 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Welcome Chad:AOK:

M29

Jipes
February 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome Chad, I'm also a very fresh member on the forum I wish you a wonderful time here everyone is very friendly ;)

Jipes

Iago
February 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Welcome Strums and Jipes!