PDA

View Full Version : happy valentine's day!

pie_man_25
February 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
yes, happy valentine's day to you people, aparently it has roots other than hallmark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Valentine%27s_Day

I've still got reading to do on this one, but anyways, what are you guys doin on this day? since I've found out yesterday the girl I was seeing was going out with some guy and didn't tell me, I'm back on my quest to find a woman, but at least I wrote a blues song about it and am practicing it with my band tomorrow, anyways, what are you guys doing tomorrow?

Spudman
February 13th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the history lesson Mr. Pie.:AOK:

Since you are the first to post a Valentines Day post we'll be shipping 300 lbs of little candy message hearts to your house...soon. Tell your dentist.

just strum
February 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Since you are the first to post a Valentines Day post we'll be shipping 300 lbs of little candy message hearts to your house...soon. Tell your dentist.

:rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
February 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Happy V-Day! Brian Krashpad needs to play us something on that sweet pink guitar!

pie_man_25
February 13th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the history lesson Mr. Pie.:AOK:

the candy helps take away the pain of my heart being torn in two by the chick:cry: ...

yeah, I don't mean to sound emo but I haven't slept or eaten much since then, but well, plenty of fish in the sea, there'll be more chicks! I'm just not ready for them yet.

just strum
February 13th, 2008, 07:11 PM
the candy helps take away the pain of my heart being torn in two by the chick:cry: ...

yeah, I don't mean to sound emo but I haven't slept or eaten much since then, but well, plenty of fish in the sea, there'll be more chicks!

Happy V Day

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/baby_chicks.jpg

A better day is less than 24 hours away.

Adrian30
February 13th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I actually enjoyed the history lesson. Thanks for that Pie.

Happy Valentine's day!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Chaucer_Hoccleve.gif

Danzego
February 13th, 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm going to take my wife out to dinner tomorrow after I get home from school and, of course, flowers and a card. I would love to make it an all day thing, but I have to go to school from 8:00AM to 4:00PM for some open house type function where administrators from Elementary schools are coming to give advice on resumes, interviews, and doing Meet N Greets and mock interviews.

A good idea, but NOT on Valentine's Day. I wonder what knucklehead set that one up. :thwap:

Brian Krashpad
February 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
No real plans. It's also a college buddy's birthday, but we did lunch yesterday.

Missus is teaching tonight, maybe we'll think of something when she gets home around 9:30.

;)

duhvoodooman
February 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Happy VD everybody! ;) :rotflmao:

And remember what Peter Wolf sang...."Love Stinks!" But if we didn't have it, where would Da Blooze be at?!?

Don't let the chicks get ya down, Pie. At least you didn't sell any of your gear for her!! ;)

Robert
February 14th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Happy VD. Give someone a hug and a smile.

Tone2TheBone
February 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Happy V Day peeps. *shoots arrows at everyone*

SuperSwede
February 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Happy V-day!

Spudman
February 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Happy VD y'all.

Love ain't all you thought it was. Here is a nice NPR program on Why We Love. (http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/2008/02/20080213_b_main.asp)

Bon appetite.

luvmyshiner
February 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Happy VD.

Hmmm, I've never had VD, but I can't imagine being very happy about it.:crazyguy:

Oh well, happy VD anyway y'all!

Tone2TheBone
February 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Boy that's an old school term...VD. Haven't heard that since they used to call amplifier heads brains.

oldguy
February 14th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Boy that's an old school term...VD. Haven't heard that since they used to call amplifier heads brains.

Really? I didn't know they'd changed it...... what do they call it nowadays?

tunghaichuan
February 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Really? I didn't know they'd changed it...... what do they call it nowadays?

STDs, sexually transmitted diseases

tung

Tone2TheBone
February 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM
STDs, sexually transmitted diseases

tung

I think he meant the guitar brains...like Frank's new 100 watt SLP brain. :D

Chlamydia is another newish term. Either way it spells yikes...so I've heard anyway. ;)