PDA

View Full Version : Video Throwdown

Skip77
February 14th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Some of you will guess my identity from this post but that's fine with me. I took on a new username for this forum just to make it fresh and also more guitar-applicable. Ahem...

Anyway, I didn't see a thread like this and thought this might be the right category to add it - The Fret.net Video Throwdown invitation!

I have a couple websites and have a hidden page where I accumulate guitar videos from youtube www.mytowntennis.com/tf.htm

If you take a look you'll find two video players. Top is for anyone here at The Fret - if you have guitar videos on youtube let me know and I'll add one to the group player. Currently showing are some of mine - I'm a beginner, obviously, and a couple from guitar buddies I met at other forums. I think it is a cool way to get to know each other, kind of like photos only better!

The video player on the bottom is just a collection I threw together.

I hope you will visit and help me create a custom guitar video journal!

Robert
February 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
You can use any of my videos from http://www.youtube.com/user/rotren if you want. :)

ted s
February 14th, 2008, 02:46 PM
That is really great stuff there BB ! thanks for sharing !
Nice playing BTW.

Skip77
February 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys. Robert - I looked at a bunch of your videos - awesome playing. Saved several to my folders. I could not find them in my folders afterward so that I could add them to the TF video player. Youtube advised that individual video settings (designated by creators) can prevent them from being added to other folders. Do you know anything about this? I was going to put two in the group player as an example of your playing. Hope I can do it.

Lev
February 15th, 2008, 02:47 AM
cool site, fell free to use mine. Link is in my signature.

Jimi75
February 15th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Cool site and a great idea to collect the videos on an external site. I saw lost of Metallica vids - very good!!!

Feel free to use my videos too for your site.
http://youtube.com/youngblueproductions

Greetz
Jimi

Jipes
February 15th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Some of mine are in english Feel free ;)
http://fr.youtube.com/jipes

Kazz
February 15th, 2008, 05:29 AM
ah....the website was a dead giveaway....you are my finger picking guru from the washburn forum....Skip

Robert
February 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM
BeaterBoy, what videos did you pick? I can go and look at the setting for those videos and see if there's anything preventing them from being used.

Skip77
February 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Great response. I will work on getting your videos added to the custom player over the weekend. Lev, I see no signature for you and so I cannot find your videos. Robert - the two videos I selected finally appeared in my guitar buddies folder. They should appear in the group video player soon - I am finding youtube slow handling these changes. To the rest of you.. thanks very much for participating. I will get each of you represented in the group player! Kazz - thanks for the nod but noone should ever call me a guru of any kind - I'm just a hacker in the trenches, beginning a long and satisfying journey!

Skip77
February 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Ok - Robert, Jimi and Jipes - I have added one or two videos from each of you to the group player at www.mytowntennis.com/tf.htm Robert, your videos are fine and both appeared in the player - youtube is just slow to make them show up. Jimi and Jipes, sometime later tonight or tomorrow, examples of your excellent work will appear.

Who's next? Cmon... it's time to throw down!

I don't understand why my signature is not showing up in the forum?
Any ideas?

sunvalleylaw
February 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Cool BB! I like watching that Blackbird journey. I may have to try returning to fingerpicking a bit and try it out.

ted s
February 15th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I think it needs to look like this
(URL="www.mytowntennis.com/guitar.htm"]www.mytowntennis.com/guitar.htm[/URL) inside the " " will be the displayed text.
except replace the opening and closing (, ) with square ones [, ] and it will look like the following

www.mytowntennis.com/guitar.htm

from you can use this button http://www.thefret.net/images/editor/createlink.gif and paste the url into it,

Skip77
February 16th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Thanks Ted - got the link right! SVL - glad you like the Blackbird journey series. Having fun with it. LEV, figured out I needed to activate or "show" signatures to see my own and everyone elses, including yours. I have watched your videos and added my favorite to the group player - Pink Floyd baby - nice work!

ted s
February 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
ya, nice Floyd work Lev ! :AOK: :AOK: one for each thumb !

Jipes
February 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Very nice Job BeaterBoy it looks really great :bravo:

Skip77
February 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Glad you like it jipes - enjoying the particpation by everyone here and hope more will chime in.