PDA

View Full Version : ot: Pwned (speeding ticket content)

Brian Krashpad
February 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
So I got a speeding ticket 10 days or so ago.

Super ironic since my wife is the one who likes to drive fast. So I figure I'll just pay the ticket with a cashier's check and she's none the wiser, because otherwise I'll never hear the end of it. But I needed to wait until payday (today) so as to not make any suspicious withdrawals from the bank.

Today she calls me on my cell, laughing her *** off.

"So, speed demon, when did you get the ticket?"

The freaking sheriff sent some follow-up form to my house, and she got the mail.

D'oh.

hubberjub
February 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Don't pay it. You always fight a speeding ticket no matter how good or bad your record is. They will always settle for less and you can usually get away without points.

Justaguyin_nc
February 15th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Today she calls me on my cell, laughing her *** off.

"So, speed demon, when did you get the ticket?"

The freaking sheriff sent some follow-up form to my house, and she got the mail.

D'oh.

That's funny.. I don't care who ya are.. that's funny

:rotflmao:
Busted!!

:AOK:

warren0728
February 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
she would have found out anyway because soon your mail will be bombarded from driving schools....i did an online one....cheap and didn't have to leave the house :beer:

ww

Brian Krashpad
February 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Don't pay it. You always fight a speeding ticket no matter how good or bad your record is. They will always settle for less and you can usually get away without points.

No, hiring an attorney would cost far more than the cost of the ticket. I know, I am an attorney. And I know enough not to try and represent myself.

Besides, if I do some stupid online traffic school they reduce the cost of the ticket and maybe also the points.

Besides: I did speed.

It's a fair cop!

warren0728
February 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Besides, if I do some stupid online traffic school they reduce the cost of the ticket and maybe also the points.
don't get too excited about the reduction of the fine...i think mine was reduced 6 dollars (seriously)....but it did cancel the points....the online thing is a joke ....you basically finish each section in 5 minutes but then have to keep your browser window open till the clock for that section ticks down....usually 15-30 minutes for each section....i just surfed the forums while i did the online class! :dude:

ww

t_ross33
February 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Besides: I did speed.

Atta Boy! THAT's Rock and Roll! :rockon:

Super funny that you got caught by Mrs. KP :bravo: That otta teach ya! Weemens are way smarter than uz cavemen give them credit for.

Pay it, take your lumps and buy Mrs. KP some flowers or take her out for a nice dinner. She deserves no less for stickin' with a lead-foot punk a$$ rocker like you :D :master: :beer:

Trev

marnold
February 15th, 2008, 11:51 PM
It's a fair cop!
. . . but society is to blame.

Agreed, we'll be charging them too.

Dreadman
February 16th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Ha ha. That's funny. At least she was laughing instead of lecturing.

It's refreshing to see someone that's willing to "do the time". Ya screw up, ya pay, ya move on. Good attitude Brian.

just strum
February 16th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Yep, pay it and more on.

It's been some time since I got a ticket and the last time it was three in one week. I guess I scored a hat trick that week.

Speeding
Running a stop sign
Running a red light

a very expensive week indeed.

Brian Krashpad
February 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Ha ha. That's funny. At least she was laughing instead of lecturing.

It's refreshing to see someone that's willing to "do the time". Ya screw up, ya pay, ya move on. Good attitude Brian.

I've always thought that people need to take responsibility for their actions. Obviously I'd love to have that extra dosh in my pocket but if I'd have been more careful, I would have.

I'm just glad the missus is being cool about it. I can take being called "speed demon" a few times, I deserve that much. I'd forgotten that she'd gotten a speeding ticket last year herself, so we have a "kettle/pot" situation. :AOK: