PDA

View Full Version : anybody tried the planet waves sos tuner?

birv2
February 15th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Picked up one of these today at GC for 14.99. It's certainly a different way to tune. It's a little piece of plastic the size and shape of a pick but thicker. There's a wheel you dial to the string you're trying to tune, so you dial to a string, then pluck that string and hold the tuner over the string at the 12th fret. There are two little strobe lights that shine on the string, giving an illusion of the string vibrating in pieces (best way I can think to describe it). You tune the string until it looks like it's one string and not in pieces. If that sounds weird, that's because it is.

However, I'm starting to get the hang of it, and it seems pretty accurate. Good for those times when it's dark, noisy, or you can't plug in to a tuner.

Anybody else tried one?

Bob

warren0728
February 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Anybody else tried one?
i have one.....i probably didn't give enough of a chance...it does work though when you get the hang of it.....like my korg better!

ww

player
February 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I use a clip on that clips onto the headstock.it tells you which string you are tuning.also tells you how many cents you are off(red led's) sharp or flat.turns green when you're right on.also good for dark and noisy envirorments/venues.guess in my case it is whatever works and it does