PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a bass amp for me

Robert
March 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Now that I have a bass on the way, I should get a bass amp, eh!

I don't need anything big, just for the occasional jam and small gig with my duo project.

Another question - will playing the bass through my Reverend tube amp hurt the amp? Or is it okay if I keep the amp on a really clean sounding setting?

Tone2TheBone
March 28th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Rob don't run the bass through the Rev.

Spudman
March 28th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I'll second that.

Unless you are quietly playing in the house, using that amph at higher levels will make the speaker cone travel too far and pretty soon....zzzzit. No sound!

Look for some used Peavey amps like the TNT(100 watts), Keyboard amphs KB/A (300 watts). They should be in plentiful supply in Canada land used.
Even the little Behringer amps sounded good to me. By little I mean single 15 and at least 100 watts.

r_a_smith3530
March 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Robert, I concur. Unless you play at very LOW sound levels, you risk causing permanent damage to your guitar amp's speaker(s).

I believe that I just saw something about a Peavey TKO for sale up in Ontario, posted to the TalkBass forum. I even gave it a bump. That would be a perfect amp to get you started, and I think the seller was pretty desperate for cash.

Here it is... (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235818)