PDA

View Full Version : My guitar teacher (video)

Jimi75
February 16th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Finally he has something on the TUBE....
This is Bernd who was my teacher from 14-16 and then from 22-24. Unfortunately, he's got only Jazz and Acoustic videos online, but you should hear him play the Blues.

I am thinking about taking lessons again and doing only Jazz for a year or two. This is the guy who prepared me for all the Fender showcases I played.

I know he looks strange, but he's a heart on two legs!

PqXeUCbiLSA&feature=related

just strum
February 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Finally he has something on the TUBE....
This is Bernd who was my teacher from 14-16 and then from 22-24. Unfortunately, he's got only Jazz and Acoustic videos online, but you should hear him play the Blues.

I am thinking about taking lessons again and doing only Jazz for a year or two. This is the guy who prepared me for all the Fender showcases I played.

I know he looks strange, but he's a heart on two legs!

Very cool Jimi, have you kept in touch with him?

I don't think he looks strange, I think he feels the music.

oldguy
February 16th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Jimi,
Thanks for posting that, man!
I love to hear that kind of music played by someone with that much talent.
I also like that little nod he gave to "Mr. Sandman", what a great player!:bravo:

tot_Ou_tard
February 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Lucky you Jimi!!!

That was beautiful.

warren0728
February 17th, 2008, 11:32 AM
great player....lots of feeling....

i think i am going to start taking lessons soon....

ww

sunvalleylaw
February 18th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Man, really nice! And he exudes that "heart on two legs" thing just looking and listening to him. Thanks for finding and posting that!

Jimi75
February 18th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Thank you all for your nice comments. I always send my students to Bernd when I fail the time to teach them. They are by far better with him than with me as a teacher. Bernd is a professional and he's got his music school in his house - very practicable. I am very proud that I was given the chance to take lessons with him, as he does not teach everybody and his schedule is more than full.

As mentioned above I am thinking about taking lessons again. I feel that there is so much more to learn!

mark wein
February 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Very nice!

Katastrophe
February 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Jimi -

Your teacher is a fantastic player. I love the tone he was getting, and those runs he did at 1:20 or so were perfectly executed. Precision + feeling = one helluva talent.

Thanks for sharing!