PDA

View Full Version : Shiner - Carpenters News

Kazz
February 17th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Carpenters House (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEOPLE_CARPENTERS?SITE=INEVA&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

tot_Ou_tard
February 17th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Is there a muskrat family living out back?

...with a boatload of pups n' grandpups?

You know what Sammy was like ;).

luvmyshiner
February 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Ahhhh sweet Karen. That house should be turned into a sanctuary Kazz. We could all make an annual pilgrimage eh?:master:

strumsalot
February 17th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Ahhhh sweet Karen. That house should be turned into a sanctuary Kazz. We could all make an annual pilgrimage eh?:master:
Shiner, my sister lives in Downey. I can get her to keep us updated.:D

luvmyshiner
February 17th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Great idea Chad! Tell her we'll be expecting daily updates until this horrific attempt to destroy a national treasure is resolved.:reallymad:

just strum
February 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Great idea Chad! Tell her we'll be expecting daily updates until this horrific attempt to destroy a national treasure is resolved.:reallymad:

Your mind at times works in strange ways.;)

Spudman
February 17th, 2008, 11:45 AM
The thing I've never understood is why birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Why is that?:confused:

strumsalot
February 17th, 2008, 12:02 PM
The thing I've never understood is why birds suddenly appear every time you are near? Why is that?:confused:
:rotflmao:

just strum
February 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Ditto for you too

"Your mind at times works in strange ways.":rolleyes:

luvmyshiner
February 17th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Well Spud, that's cause just like me, they long to be . . . wait a minute, that's a little creepy!:messedup:

Spudman
February 17th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Well Spud, that's cause just like me, they long to be . . . wait a minute, that's a little creepy!:messedup:

That's OK. It's not like you are going to make Michael Jackson jealous or anything.;)

sunvalleylaw
February 18th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Strangely enough, Carpenters music smote me when I was around 6 to 8 or so. I had a crush on Karen. And Agent 99. Even more strangely, I just admitted that publicly! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

marnold
February 18th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Strangely enough, Carpenters music smote me when I was around 6 to 8 or so. I had a crush on Karen. And Agent 99. Even more strangely, I just admitted that publicly! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Nothing wrong with having a thing for Agent 99. It wasn't too hard for me to think that instead of saying, "Oh, Max" she was saying, "Oh, Matt."

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM

I thought Shiner was in a one member club, but apparently there are more of you out there.

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I thought Shiner was in a one member club, but apparently there are more of you out there.

Better watch out Strum. We're growing stronger every day! It's just a matter of time before we begin to infiltrate the power structure and implement our master plan to dominate the world with all things Karen!:rotflmao:

Cal
February 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
It's just a matter of time before we begin to infiltrate the power structure and implement our master plan to dominate the world with all things Karen!:rotflmao:Yup, love the gal. :master:

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yup, love the gal. :master:

Over in the UK too????

Robert, sad to say, but you may have to open up another section here.

Spudman
February 18th, 2008, 02:10 PM
A little Carpenters trivia:

In the 70's Karen Carpenter beat out Neil Peart for the Best Drummer award in Playboy magazine's poll.:eek:

Ya, like I'm going to believe she's a better drummer.:thwap:

Cal
February 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Ya, like I'm going to believe she's a better drummer.:thwap:Did you ever HEAR any of Karen's drumming? She was GOOD! :master:

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Ahhhh, see Strum, my second plan comes to fruition (not the plan where I'm married to a rock goddess, that's the first plan and it's coming along nicely). The second plan is the one for total Karen world domination. It began several years ago when I discovered that simply putting fluoride into the public water system made everyone listen to Carpenters music. As you can see, it's progressing nicely.:D :D

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I'm starting to think the Davis Koresh thing was just a diversion tactic.

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'm starting to think the Davis Koresh thing was just a diversion tactic.

I know this will probably be considered in bad taste, but that's never stopped me before.

When the lock down first began out at Camp Koresh, there was a local attorney who was a member of the group whose office was at the compound (he was a Harvard grad . . . try not to think about it . . . who later died in the fire). I had a case against him at the time. The first thing the FBI did was cut all the phone lines. But they didn't realize that he had a fax line so they didn't cut that. Um, I set him for a hearing and faxed him notice.

Yup, I'm definitely going to hell for that one.:eek:

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I know this will probably be considered in bad taste, but that's never stopped me before.

You do realize there is a lawyer joke hidden in that sentence?

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
You do realize there is a lawyer joke hidden in that sentence?

Lawyers don't taste all that bad . . . if you cook them long enough.:poke:

Spudman
February 18th, 2008, 07:09 PM
So is that how Karen stayed so slim? By drinking Koolaid?

And I'm sorry but she is NOT a better drummer than Neil Peart.:dude:

Childbride
February 18th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Neil Peart is da bomb. :rockon:

for the record, i do not share my husband's love for Karen, may she rest in peace...

or barry manilow...

or... :rotflmao: n/m. i could get into trouble treading these waters. :o

strumsalot
February 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM
or... :rotflmao: n/m. i could get into trouble treading these waters. :o
nah...keep going:bravo: :rotflmao:

Spudman
February 19th, 2008, 12:04 AM
for the record, i do not share my husband's love for Karen, may she rest in peace...

or barry manilow...

or... :rotflmao:

What? He likes Barry? ...and women? That doesn't compute.:thwap:

Kazz
February 19th, 2008, 05:11 AM
warped mofo I tell ya.....Shiner you may single handedly change the way I think about lawyers....and that is a much more difficult plan than simple world domination.

tot_Ou_tard
February 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Neil Peart is da bomb. :rockon:

or barry manilow...

or... :rotflmao: n/m. i could get into trouble treading these waters. :o :rotflmao:
You've stepped right over the great Neil Diamond ;)!

as Sir Strumsalot sez: keep going, we'd like to hear the true tale of the twisted wilds of Shiner's musical fantasies.

Makes a great musical, sung nekkid from a tractor :eek:

luvmyshiner
February 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Damn, it's a good thing I put CB to bed early last night. There's no telling what other nasty little secrets she might have divulged.:D

What? He likes Barry? ...and women? That doesn't compute.:thwap:

I know Spud, it confuses me too.:messedup:

Childbride
February 19th, 2008, 12:41 PM
well, let's just say that i didn't come to the marriage with a single madonna cd. :rotflmao:

and honey, before you try to bust me on that Abba thing, i am going on the record saying that i made a mistake on one of those 'buy one get ten free things'... i thought i was ordering Anthrax... ;) :rockon:

Spudman
February 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
i am going on the record saying that i made a mistake on one of those 'buy one get ten free things'... i thought i was ordering Anthrax... ;) :rockon:

Sweet!:rockon: :dude: :rockon: Lets see Karen keep up with them.

piebaldpython
February 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
The ABBA thing isn't nearly as bad as The Carpenters or Barry. THAT is some serious "fence walkin" that Shiner's doing and by the sounds of it, he's bruised himself many a time by trippin' and falling splat on his face. :dude:
My wife likes ABBA and I got dragged along to see the musical MAMA MIA. lolol I suffered mightily but consoled myself by looking at the audience. 1500 women, maybe 10 guys tops and 90% of the women were "dressed to impress", which up North, means their outfits where molded, slit, cut to put it all out there on display. Well, I ain't blind, so I looked a time or two. :rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
February 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
well, let's just say that i didn't come to the marriage with a single madonna cd. :rotflmao:

Oh man, looks like I've been "outed" again.:thwap:

Honestly honey, do you really want me to go through the CD collection and tell them what you brought to the marriage?????:nono:

just strum
February 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Honestly honey, do you really want me to go through the CD collection and tell them what you brought to the marriage?????:nono:

Shiner, Let's see we have Karen, Madonna, Agent 99. I'm starting to believe that you really have had CB drunk since the wedding day. And when the booze wears off you just hand her a new guitar until you can run out to get another bottle.

Childbride
February 19th, 2008, 06:59 PM

one of the first things i learned as a lawyer was the jury/judge will think better of you if you just lay the bad parts of your case right out in the open instead of hiding them.

honesty leads to credibility. or something.

so i'll tell on myself. :D

started out as a child of the 80's, listened to metal all the way. got into college, and somehow, b/c i loved to dance so much, got into an alternative/goth phase that lead to some eclectic and questionable musical selections that he could bust me wide open on. [but i still love robert smith/the cure... disintegration tour 2008, sign me up]

moved to austin, whole SRV/setzer/rockabillly thing going on. listened to everything live i could.

got back into rock again, white zombie, ozzfest, the whole flannel grunge thing.

then i hit 30 and listened to a little of everything, if i liked it, i listened to it more than once. :dude:

that's my confessional. ;) :beer:

luvmyshiner
February 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
then i hit 30 and listened to a little of everything, if i liked it, i listened to it more than once. :dude:

that's my confessional. ;) :beer:

What was Charlotte Church?:thwap:

Um . . . . I love you????:master::D

Childbride
February 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
yes, honey, along with:

erasure
morrissey
butthole surfers [i've actually drank beer with gibby hanes... interesting dude]
skinny puppy
depeche mode
when in rome
later albums of duran duran

ok, i've busted myself enough. i've got more on you, dear... ;)

but enough for tonight. :)

Spudman
February 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM
later albums of duran duran

Astronaut is one of my guilty pleasures.

Donny
February 19th, 2008, 11:06 PM
OK, I had to come in and say hi, since this seems to be a very recently used post. Hi old friends, I made it finally, have a shiner on me, :beer: I posted in the "Washburn" thread about 12 string guitars, then realized it had last been post to in November lol. Anyway, I'm here and hope to join my good pals from Washburn and make some new friends too :bravo:

luvmyshiner
February 20th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Donny! Glad to see you made the trip. I think you'll like it over here. Lots of good people who really know their stuff.

just strum
February 20th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Donny,

Just a heads-up - As you can see Shiner is discussing Karen and yes, he has posted the neked tractor guy.

CB does her best to keep him in line, but there is only so much we can ask of her.

Childbride
February 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Donny,

Just a heads-up - As you can see Shiner is discussing Karen and yes, he has posted the neked tractor guy.

CB does her best to keep him in line, but there is only so much we can ask of her.

[snicker] :D

Spudman
February 20th, 2008, 09:56 PM
[snicker] :D

Too bad Karen didn't have a few more of those. :D

Childbride
February 20th, 2008, 10:08 PM
:rotflmao:

warren0728
February 20th, 2008, 10:14 PM
[snicker]

now that's funny....i don't care who you are! :bravo: :rotflmao:

ww

just strum
February 20th, 2008, 10:17 PM

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/homer-doh.jpg

strumsalot
February 20th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Ouch!:rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
February 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM
Oh man! Looks like y'all were busy last night.:rotflmao:

Come on Spud, you've gotta respect someone who went to that much trouble to be buried in a pleated skirt . . . (I know, it's the only Joan Rivers joke I ever laughed at).:D

Cal
February 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'm so glad I got here (thefret.net); that great old just strum/luvmyshiner repartee that I, and I'm sure many more (at WGF), have been missing makes me feel really at home again.

Thanks guys! :AOK:
(And don't ever consider growing up. :pancake: )

I don't know if pancakes are appropriate here... can someone enlighten me?

luvmyshiner
February 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM
And don't ever consider growing up. :pancake:

Can't do that Cal. If I grew up I'd have to give up breastfeeding.:eek:

warren0728
February 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM
Can't do that Cal. If I grew up I'd have to give up breastfeeding.:eek:
now that's funny....i don't care who you are! :bravo: :rotflmao:

ww

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 05:21 PM
(And don't ever consider growing up. :pancake: )

I plan on being immature all the way to the grave.

Donny
February 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM
It only took one pleat to cover both her legs. OK bad taste, I liked Karen and the OTHER Carpenter when I was in my teens. They really NAILED some songs, but I got BOARD with others :deadhorse:

Spudman
February 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
This is how it's done...correctly.
VX5v-S_jGD4