PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Room - redux

Plank_Spanker
February 18th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I spent my entire weekend redoing my guitar room - all new paint, a rearrangement, a thorough scrubbing, and (my wife's favorite) throwing out a bunch of clutter and junk. Next week I'm installing track lighting, and I have two new windows coming.

Right now, I'm rejoicing and recuperating from all of the work - and making joyous notes on the guitar. :D

Here's a pic of the progress so far. I can't wait to get my lighting and new windows in!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/Remodel1.jpg

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Plank,

Looks good and is an inspiration to get moving on mine now that I finally have claimed the room. Looks like you are making optimal use of the space.

Here are some before pics that you posted in the thread I had started some time ago.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=4236 (scroll down near the bottom.

Mine still has "clutter" since despite it being my room, other family belongings still reside in the room.

Plank_Spanker
February 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Looks like you are making optimal use of the space.

Strum, I'm trying very hard to optimize my space. The blueprint drawers I had in the old pics are gone. The new paint really set the room off. Next week I install my track lights.

I'm shooting for a cozy space to connect with my mojo...............:D

just strum
February 18th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'm shooting for a cozy space to connect with my mojo...............:D

That's what I'm going for. I've been looking at colors, something that inspires creativity and a sense of calm. If I can't find that, I go to the basement and see what I have in the way of left over paint.:D

I have three file cabinets to get out of the room and a desk, although the desk makes for good storage as well as a work area. Is that your computer area to the left of the amp?

Plank_Spanker
February 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Yes, that's the computer. I was left with few options as to the placement, but it still works. It's in the same place it was. The track lighting (mini PAR's) is going close to the yellow wall - eight mini spots. The yellow wall is begging for an old concert bill poster. I have one closet in the room that now holds all of my guitar cases and a plethora of other gear.

Here's the Germino in it's new place. The box it's sitting on holds a 100', 16 channel PA snake:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/Remodel2.jpg

I'm going to try very hard to avoid clutter.......................a losing battle.

luvmyshiner
February 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Plank, that is to damn cool! I've definitely got to get back to work on the music room.

Plank_Spanker
February 18th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Plank, that is to damn cool! I've definitely got to get back to work on the music room.

Thanks! :D

Spudman
February 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Looks great spanky.

M29
February 18th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Great job Plank_Spanker:AOK: I have been trying to come up with a stand of some sorts that would hold a combo amp on the bottom, necessary computer paraphernalia for recording, a music stand and a place to put headphones and hang guitar cords. Have this all stacked up and compacted into one small area so a person could stand with the guitar and practice and record. I am still working on it......

Looks like a great place to create and jam Plank_Spanker.

M29

Jimi75
February 20th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Who's working in that office? :rotflmao:

Just kidding Plank.....
The place looks sweet and I bet it's fun to be making music there.

:bravo:

Robert
February 20th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Good work, Planker. I need to get my room set up too...

A man needs a good work environment.

Brian Krashpad
February 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Wow, that looks great. Wish I had a room I could devote to gear. Still I'm lucky I can keep gear at my office and use our library for after-hours band practices.

Beats renting a warehouse, that's for sure.

sunvalleylaw
February 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, looks great Plank. I still want a music room, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. We just don't have the space. I must be a night time sub-tenant in my wife's chiropractic home office attached to our house. At least I have it so I don't have to unplug too much and can just shove my pedal board (such as it is) under a credenza.

Plank_Spanker
February 21st, 2008, 05:49 AM
Thanks guys. I should have my new windows in about a month. The existing ones are horrible. I managed to farm out all of my PA gear for storage among the band members, and that saved me a ton of room.

This weekend I tackle the track lighting.................:D

SuperSwede
February 21st, 2008, 07:57 AM
A man needs a good work environment.

Yeah! My room is already set up for that rock´n´roll lifestyle..

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Gross/trainspotting-toilet.jpg

Algonquin
February 21st, 2008, 08:23 AM
:puke:

Looks good SS :AOK:

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 07:55 PM
Wow, a porcelain amp stand - some people are just rolling in cash.

Plank_Spanker
February 21st, 2008, 08:14 PM
Why didn't I think of that?.....................:thwap: :D

M29
February 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
SuperSwede you better check your grounds it looks like you might get a hum in there.

M29