PDA

View Full Version : Here I go Again

VSTAR
February 21st, 2008, 09:06 AM
Ok everybody , I feel I have fell off my barstool. The last time I talked we were getting ready for a gig at the Safari Club. The club cancelled the gig at the last moment and everyone knows what that does to a band. I have been feeling somewhat sore in the back and going to the doctor since October . When I was in Amsterdam in November I uriinated red. So two weeks ago I was diagnased with Nephrosis and kidney cancer. In short they removed my right kidney last Wednesday. Once these tests started I was in and out of the hospital and did not push the band deal. Today I fell great recovering at home , off work for 3 weeks and cancer clean . Removing the kidney got it all but for the rest of my life I must be careful with 1 kidney and periodically be checked for any tumors. I was so excited to gig again but today I just want to live. BTW. I sold the Mesa Boogie I needed 1422.00 before the hospital would let me come in . I put the boogie on Craigs List for 800.00 and it sold in 1 week. I will gig again but today I cannot even stand and hold a guitar.
Thanks everyone I really enjoy this board
Dan

oldguy
February 21st, 2008, 09:20 AM
Glad to hear you're doing well, considering all you've been through.
We'll keep our fingers crossed for you, that you keep improving.
Sorry to hear about the amp, but you can get another amp, if and when your desire to play returns ( which I imagine it will).
Healing is what you need to do now, here's hoping you heal quickly. :beer:

Algonquin
February 21st, 2008, 09:25 AM
Dan, glad to hear you're feeling better.

luvmyshiner
February 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Dan, glad to here you're on the way to recovery. Many thoughts and prayers from the Shiner household to yours.

Robert
February 21st, 2008, 09:36 AM
Oh man, glad to hear you are recovering. My sincere hopes that you get back on track 100% real fast.

marnold
February 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear that you had to go through all of this, but it sound like you're well on your way. Being able to play guitar is a bonus, but your health is more important.

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Boy, sorry you had to endure all of that. All the best to you for a strong recovery!

aeolian
February 21st, 2008, 10:18 AM
Dan, I hope you have a rapid recovery. Pick up your guitar when you're ready.

Cal
February 21st, 2008, 12:52 PM
Dan

Sorry to hear your story but glad you're "on the up" again. Keep smiling and enjoy the moment.

Peace and Love :)

Katastrophe
February 21st, 2008, 01:19 PM
Dan, get well soon! You'll be playing again before you know it. I'm sure sorry to hear about you having to sell your amp.

Please keep checking in to let us know how the recovery goes...

Jipes
February 21st, 2008, 02:30 PM
All my good wishes for your recovery Dan !

Jipes

warren0728
February 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
dan....i'm sending some special healing mojo your way.... :pancake:

ww

duhvoodooman
February 21st, 2008, 08:29 PM
Hope you're back to 100% and spankin' them planks again real soon, Dan! :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
February 29th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Yikes, mojo and prayers for your continued recovery!

Take care.

birv2
February 29th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Sending positive thoughts your way.

Sorry you had to sell the Boogie, but first things first.

Hope you get to rock on real soon,
Bob
:rockon:

sumitomo
February 29th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Wow Vistar,I am glad to hear your ok I know how you feel really,because last Feb. a tumor was found on my right kidney and they told me 90% are cancer,plus they wanted 100 grand to do the operation.Well to shortin up the story I went to South America to have the operation done plane fare,tests redone all 8 thousand and no cancer.You got a do over my friend live each day to the fullest.Sumi

peachhead
February 29th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Best wishes for a quick recovery- I just got here, don't need anybody leavin' here anytime soon!

My family's prayers are with you.

tot_Ou_tard
March 1st, 2008, 09:16 AM
Alright Dan & sumi!

It's a tough thing to go through, but we are very happy that they got it all.

You'll be jamming with a new lease on life soon enough.

Sumi, the fact that you had to leave the States to afford the operation completely sucks.

sumitomo
March 1st, 2008, 01:50 PM
You know tot going out of the country really was a good thing,I found out there is a lot of good doctors in this world and a lot of caring people also.In the future I am going to live there.Man I tell ya there is a really cool waterfall close to this property I have down there and the water is warm.Ill keep you guys posted its a good winter getaway.Sumi

magoo
March 1st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hi VSTAR, Hope you feel well soon.
Cheers
Magoo.

murph
March 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Dan, sounds like you're doing well and maintaining a positive attitude. My best wishes for a speedy recovery and well on the way back to your gigs.

Murph

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Geez Dan, I completely missed this thread. Certainly glad that you are recovering and thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.

Take it easy, relax for those three weeks and read some of the threads - humor is a great medicine.

:beer: Should I post beer for a man with one kidney? - oh, what the hell the doctors not looking.

And Sumi, you can split the beer with Dan so he only drinks half as much.

Both of you guys take care of yourself and find beauty in the things around you.