PDA

View Full Version : I found the Washburn people

merlin
February 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM
I love google! I searched some of my favorite user names from the old place and it took me here.

I really missed how good the old place use to be and this new place looks great. There is some great topics in the "open mic" forum. I hope I can add something worth while to this forum I know that the other people that came over from the old place will add a lot.

I feel like I was at a lame party and I found the cool people outside drinking beer.

oldguy
February 21st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Welcome to TheFret, merlin, glad you joined us here!:beer:
(Did you shut the lights out when you left?).
The invasion continues..........:D

Cal
February 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Merlin... talk about synchronicity! I was just thinking about you and was going to go to that "not so nice now" place to find you and e-mail you about here.

Great ta see ya buddy!

And for old times sake... here's "Oh Elizabeth" :AOK:
BKvXQGotOSQ

KrisH
February 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
Welcome Merlin! I'm a recent émigré, too, but there are a bunch of old faces (nicks?) here. Somebody will be by to collect the immigration tax any moment now . . .

-- KrisH

merlin
February 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome Old guy.

Good to hear from you Cal and Kris.
Cal, that video never gets old. I am already making plans to see them again this summer.

Now if I can only figure out how to rename links in this forum.

luvmyshiner
February 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hey Merlin, good to see ya' brother. If you have trouble getting your "Fret Visa" let me know. I hear Sunvalleylaw is a pretty good immigration lawyer.:beer:

merlin
February 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Hey Shiner,
I ripped my pants jumping the fence to get in here.

Is there any Pearl TX threads yet? I enjoy reading those.

piebaldpython
February 21st, 2008, 02:00 PM
Hey Merlin, glad to see that you found your way over to the greener side of the pasture. Lots of good grazing around these parts!!! :rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
February 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
There are few Pearl pictures in "How about a thread showing a picture of yourself", and we've been trying to talk Katastrophe and any other Texas Fretters into meeting up with us there.

Oh, Pappy's over here too.

mrmudcat
February 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM
welcome:dude:

Robert
February 21st, 2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome! Sorry about that fence!

warren0728
February 21st, 2008, 02:39 PM
welcome merlin....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Spudman
February 21st, 2008, 02:56 PM
Please send your Washburn immigration tax payment to Robert.
:wave:

ted s
February 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM
Welcome Merlin !
I've never checked out the Washburn forum, WTF happened over there to drive you folks away anyhow ?

merlin
February 21st, 2008, 03:45 PM
Welcome Merlin !
I've never checked out the Washburn forum, WTF happened over there to drive you folks away anyhow ?

Good to be here Ted.
That question can probably be answered better by other people. There has been a lot of "drama" over there with the moderator and I have stayed out of it.

By the way, great avatar. "I need more cowbell"

Dreadman
February 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I feel like I was at a lame party and I found the cool people outside drinking beer.Welcome bud. :bravo:

Yup, same party - just at a more upscale bar now.

Sorry you had to google, someone must've dropped the ball with the invites.

player
February 21st, 2008, 03:55 PM
I came over from another forum too and slowly but surely others are coming thiis way too.really did not have to twist their arm either.. just told them there is another great forum out here with good folks on it.anywho
WELCOME:D

Skip77
February 21st, 2008, 04:35 PM
Welcome Merlin - skip77 here. We're all newbies now! Great place to hang and great folk to hang with.

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hello Merlin, good to see you didn't let the fence become an obstacle that prevented you from coming in. Ditto on what everyone else has said and enjoy the best place on the net.

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Welcome Merlin !

A couple of members had gas, but it was the kind that stunk up the place.

Guitar Gal
February 21st, 2008, 05:41 PM
Welcome Merlin :D

GG

strumsalot
February 21st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Good to see you buddy.:bravo: I gonna try for Pearl in April, and I'll bring the Nikon just for you.:D

Childbride
February 21st, 2008, 06:15 PM
howdy, merlin! good to see ya, brother!

this is an EXCELLENT forum. you'll like it here. :D :beer:

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 07:14 PM
I feel like I was at a lame party and I found the cool people outside drinking beer.

Great line Merlin! Welcome to the real party! :)

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 07:19 PM

Great line Merlin! Welcome to the real party! :)

Steve, I'm surprised you didn't let Merlin know that newcomers buy beer for one week:beer:

Donny
February 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome, Merlin! Better sew up those pants before you lose something lol. Be glad you avoided the razor wire. :saw::saw:

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
Steve, I'm surprised you didn't let Merlin know that newcomers buy beer for one week:beer:
LOL!! I figured you expatriates would have that covered. ;) :AOK:

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 07:37 PM
LOL!! I figured you expatriates would have that covered. ;) :AOK:

I forgot to include that in the contract that I had them sign.

just strum
February 21st, 2008, 09:12 PM
Merlin,

That avatar of yours is making me so damn hungry and it contains all the foods I am not allowed to eat, but so dearly love.:mad: :cry: :mad:

duhvoodooman
February 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Welcome, Merlin. Looking forward to seeing you do some of your magic tricks here at TheFret! :AOK:

murph
February 21st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Welcome aboard Merlin. I came , I posted a thread and where it wound up I don't know. There are so many forums on this fret net, it must be buried so deep we'll never find it. Strum, thanks again for the invite, I was lurking in the shadows for a few weeks. For a computer illiterate I'm just lucky I got this far, and if anybody sees my other lost thread, let me know where it is.
I'm so happy to be amongst so many happy faces. I want you all to smile, we'll take a group picture and send it to the dark side.

Murph

Dreadman
February 21st, 2008, 10:30 PM
Murph (and anyone else) - Have you tried this forums "subscription" feature? I was lost in the woods too until I discovered it. VERY nice feature.

Rockette
February 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
I want you all to smile, we'll take a group picture and send it to the dark side.
Great idea. Photo montage for a finale post--I'm in!

merlin
February 22nd, 2008, 12:04 AM
Well, it looks like we are all here.
Somebody call the waitress over and I will go ahead and order.
Is light beer OK?

Dreadman
February 22nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Bud Light please....... oh, and is the kitchen still open? I could use a cheeseburger.

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Well, it looks like we are all here.
Somebody call the waitress over and I will go ahead and order.
Is light beer OK?
No light beer for me ;)

Go back & scrounge in the Washout Fridge until you find something good.

It's OK, we'll wait :D .

marnold
February 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
Is light beer OK?
Ordering a light beer is punishable by hanging in these parts (says the homebrewer).

magoo
February 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
Any Canadian beer in that fridge?
Molson Canadian would be great... Then again all beer is good...LOL:beer:

luvmyshiner
February 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Then again all beer is good...LOL:beer:

You know what we say in Texas Magoo, beer is kinda like sex. When its good, its good, and when its bad . . . wellllllllllllll, its still pretty good!:beer:

merlin
February 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Right on Shiner.
Yes Dread, the kitchen is all ways open.
Well, if light beer will not work I will just order a pitcher of everything on tap.

I am getting a early start to my friday night. I am off to meet up with some buddies and head out for a big night of live music.
First we are going to see the Yonder Mt. String band and then a late night show by a band called Bawn in the Mash (they are good).
I hope I will be back safe and sound tomorrow.
Have a good Friday night everybody.

Steve206
February 23rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome Merlin,,

I have an idea for the Photo Op.

We all stand around dressed in bowling shirts and holding our balls.

Pretending we are going to Las Wages.....

Steve

just strum
February 23rd, 2008, 08:00 PM
Right on Shiner.
Yes Dread, the kitchen is all ways open.
Well, if light beer will not work I will just order a pitcher of everything on tap.

I am getting a early start to my friday night. I am off to meet up with some buddies and head out for a big night of live music.
First we are going to see the Yonder Mt. String band and then a late night show by a band called Bawn in the Mash (they are good).
I hope I will be back safe and sound tomorrow.
Have a good Friday night everybody.

First thing you do is invite Marnold, he's the local brewery around here. I kicked around the idea of making some brew and he's the guy I would contact for tips.

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
I have an idea for the Photo Op.

We all stand around dressed in bowling shirts and holding our balls.

Whatever floats your boat, but may I just ask that you do not post that picture here :eek: :D :eek:.

just strum
February 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Whatever floats your boat, but may I just ask that you do not post that picture here :eek: :D :eek:.

Hmm, don't like bowling shirts, do ya?

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hmm, don't like bowling shirts, do ya?
I find the stripes nauseating. :D

Kazz
February 24th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Welcome Merlin....I see you are in Nashville...we were there mid January. Have you ever been to the Hotel Preston? That chick in the glass room is kinda creepy...but she is smokin hot LMAO.

Skip77
February 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Kass - what makes her creepy?

merlin
February 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hey Kazz, I have not seen the girl at the Preston but I do know what your talking about. Did you have a good time when you were here?

Steve, I am sorry but I don't get the bowling shirt reference. You lost me.

Brian Krashpad
February 29th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Welcome Merlin!