PDA

View Full Version : Suhr/Deluxe Reverb

mark wein
February 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Qhfz11vTYsI

A failed attempt at a lesson on tones, but I liked some of the sounds...I might take it down tomorrow....

My pedalboard

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/markwein/IMG_0807.jpg

Robert
February 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Nice guitar and amp! I like those amps.

I'd like to get a Suhr one day. If the bank will allow. Tone2TheBone and I have had our share of talks regarding these Suhr "Strat copies".... :)
What pickups are in that thang?

That Direct Drive sure has a lot of gain, I didn't know this.

Tasty playing, Mark!

mark wein
February 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Nice guitar and amp! I like those amps.

I'd like to get a Suhr one day. If the bank will allow. Tone2TheBone and I have had our share of talks regarding these Suhr "Strat copies".... :)
What pickups are in that thang?

That Direct Drive sure has a lot of gain, I didn't know this.

Tasty playing, Mark!

Thanks! I am really happy with my rig these days. I just need to get the amp serviced really badly. The direct drive is killer...I really recommend the Barber pedals...

The Suhr has their V60lp's in the neck and middle and their DSV in the bridge. I really didn't know how to order a custom guitar when I got this one and while it is a great instrument I wish I had gone with a bigger maple neck and ash body like I did with the Tele....

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 07:23 PM
I like that Deluxe 'Verb! Nice to see what a good player can do with it with a strat type guitar and some pedals.

mark wein
February 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
I like that Deluxe 'Verb! Nice to see what a good player can do with it with a strat type guitar and some pedals.

Thanks!

The older I get the simpler things get, I guess...:D

Jimi75
February 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Hey Mark,

Thanks so much for that video! you played two of my current favorites.
The Deluxe Reverb and the Xotic BB preamp.

Cool video!

mark wein
February 22nd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Hey Mark,

Thanks so much for that video! you played two of my current favorites.
The Deluxe Reverb and the Xotic BB preamp.

Cool video!

No problem! I might try and do this where I do a small video with each of my main guitars, and spend a little more time with each pedal...

Jimi75
February 22nd, 2008, 09:33 AM
No problem! I might try and do this where I do a small video with each of my main guitars, and spend a little more time with each pedal...

Question:
Did you change the speaker and the treble capacitor in your DLXR?

Some poeple are complaining about this amp being too bright.

mark wein
February 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Question:
Did you change the speaker and the treble capacitor in your DLXR?

Some poeple are complaining about this amp being too bright.

The speaker is a Celestion Greenback...The amp has had some "mods" done to it, but I don't remember what they are...they were done when I bought the amp around 10 years ago. The biggest thing I think is the speaker. I run the treble on 5 and the bass on 6 usually...

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
I really like that LTD Mark!

mark wein
February 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
I really like that LTD Mark!

I used to buy into the idea that everyone needed a Tube Screamer, and I owned 3-4 of them(modded, vintage, stock)...could never get the sound to work for me. The LTD covers that same low gain territory but it isn't as honkey in the mid range as the tube screamer...it sounds more like my amp and less like a pedal.....

Robert
February 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
I know what you mean Mark, that's why I have a Maxon SD-9! :AOK:

mark wein
February 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
I know what you mean Mark, that's why I have a Maxon SD-9! :AOK:

What is the difference with the Maxon pedals? They seem to be just like the Ibanez, but everyone raves about them so I assume they are doing something different...

Robert
February 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
I can't speak for the other Maxons, but the SD-9 is a great pedal. It's a distortion pedal with lots of fat, juicy distortion. It can sound like an overdrive pedal if you turn down the tone knob a bit. Very versatile pedal. I don't really know how it compares to the Ibanez either, but I am pretty sure they are not the same. There are talks about this on TGP if search the pedal section - I can't remember what the consensus was.

mark wein
February 22nd, 2008, 10:58 AM
I can't speak for the other Maxons, but the SD-9 is a great pedal. It's a distortion pedal with lots of fat, juicy distortion. It can sound like an overdrive pedal if you turn down the tone knob a bit. Very versatile pedal. I don't really know how it compares to the Ibanez either, but I am pretty sure they are not the same. There are talks about this on TGP if search the pedal section - I can't remember what the consensus was.

I've caught my limit on "drive" type pedals, but I've always been curious..especially if it is something I can suggest for my students...

Robert
February 22nd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Well, you probably know Mike Landau and Scott Henderson are digging this pedal... hint hint.

mark wein
February 22nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Well, you probably know Mike Landau and Scott Henderson are digging this pedal... hint hint.

:D

Don't feed my GAS....

FrankAxtell
February 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Mark, Your playing and tone are very impressive. Keep up the excellent high standard. :dude:

mark wein
February 24th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Mark, Your playing and tone are very impressive. Keep up the excellent high standard. :dude:

Thanks Frank!

I appreciate it! I've heard some of your clips and you ain't so bad yourself! :AOK: