PDA

View Full Version : Three Sweet Guitars For Sale!

Plank_Spanker
February 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Need to make room for a new axe I'm GAS'ing for. These guitars are in very good condition. The Strat is a 2002 American Deluxe, locking tuners, originally SSS. I modded it to HSS with a Duncan Custom Custom, two SSL3 Hots, 250k pots, Wilkinson trem (5 springs), pickguard, jackplate, MOP top knobs, and Schaller strap locks. It's in cherry condition and ships with a hardshell case -----------SOLD

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0530.jpg

The Schecter C-1 Classic is modded with cream pickup rings and Schaller strap locks - also in in very good condition, with a SKB hard shell case (EDIT...SOLD)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0532.jpg

The Dot is also in great condtion, with Schaller strap locks and a SKB hard shell case (EDIT...MUCH better pics of it on post 22): SOLD!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/CleanDot.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

Algonquin
February 21st, 2008, 08:39 PM
Nice looking guitars Plank. I'm sure they'll find good homes soon. I'd like to add a 335 style one day, but it'll have to wait.

Good luck with them.
:beer:

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 08:52 PM
Ditto Plank. Timing is bad for me, but adding one of your guitars would be a good thing.

just strum
March 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
I figure I would post here. I mentioned yesterday that I had a guitar on the way, well sitting next to me as I type is the Strat. The picture doe not do the guitar justice. This guitar is simply beautiful in appearance and sound. It plays so easily, feels extremely comfortable and I'm going to wrap it up so I can go play.

Oh, for those that don't know Plank, I just wanted to let you know that he is a pleasure to do business with. Straight shooter, what he describes is what you get. Fast delivery and has the guitar on its way when he says it will be shipped.

If you have an interest in the remaining guitars, don't hesitate.

Adrian30
March 3rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats Strum,

that looks like a killer strat! Way to go buddy, HSS, Duncan at the bridge, you'll love that guitar.:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
March 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
I'm a might jealous there Strum. Congrats!! That is one fine looking strat, and from what I can tell, you could hardly do wrong buying from Plank.

just strum
March 3rd, 2008, 07:11 PM
thanks guys. I wish you could see how much nicer it is in person. I don't think I could be happier. Well, maybe if Plank would have sent me two guitars for the price of one:D

I initially had an interest in the Dot to go along with my existing Dot. Since I wasn't sure if I will be getting the MIM, I couldn't pass up the American Strat. He did a nice job on the mod and the guitar sounds great through the AD30VT, but a hear the cry for a tube amp increasing in volume:rockon:

Ahhhhhhhh, GAS

street music
March 3rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Very Glad for you Strum? That is a sweet strat and I would love to have one like it someday.
PLANK, what are asking for the DOT and any details on it???

mrmudcat
March 3rd, 2008, 09:23 PM
OH SNAP!! You got one past this ol dog ...ermmmmm I mean cat;)

Strummy that axe was so close to being mine.If not for bad timing:thwap: Enjoy that you so deserve it and that thing is sexy!!!!!:master: :beer:

just strum
March 3rd, 2008, 09:50 PM
OH SNAP!! You got one past this ol dog ...ermmmmm I mean cat;)

Strummy that axe was so close to being mine.If not for bad timing:thwap: Enjoy that you so deserve it and that thing is sexy!!!!!:master: :beer:

There are two things wrong with it:

1) Plank sent me an e-mail when he shipped it and said I will really like it - wrong, I love it. Plank, next time be honest with me.

2) the drawback, now I know I went without a Strat for far too long. I can't believe how easy this thing plays, and the sound!!!:drool:

wingsdad
March 3rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
...now I know I went without a Strat for far too long. I can't believe how easy this thing plays, and the sound!!!:drool:
:AOK: Congrats, Strum!

just strum
March 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks Wingsdad. I sent you an e-mail.

sunvalleylaw
March 3rd, 2008, 10:37 PM
There are two things wrong with it:

1) Plank sent me an e-mail when he shipped it and said I will really like it - wrong, I love it. Plank, next time be honest with me.

2) the drawback, now I know I went without a Strat for far too long. I can't believe how easy this thing plays, and the sound!!!:drool:

Strats are gooooooooooood!!!!!!:beer: :pancake: :D

Dreadman
March 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Looks like a fine piece of machinery. It's hard to tell from the pic above, does it have a translucent or solid finish?

From what I've learned on this forum so far - you didn't actually buy that guitar until we see fresh pics. (is that how it goes?)

mrmudcat
March 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
:wave: AYE

looks like the ayes have it:rotflmao: fresh pics:poke:

just strum
March 4th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Looks like a fine piece of machinery. It's hard to tell from the pic above, does it have a translucent or solid finish?

From what I've learned on this forum so far - you didn't actually buy that guitar until we see fresh pics. (is that how it goes?)

It's translucent, very much like my SG in color and finish. Stayed up to about 1:00 playing it, a bit past my normal sack time. Arrived at work a little late, but ends up hardly anyone is here - ice in some sections of Northeastern Ohio has some roads clogged. Might have to leave early today:D

wingsdad
March 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM
.... hardly anyone is here - ice in some sections of Northeastern Ohio has some roads clogged. Might have to leave early today:D
Yeah, wouldn't want that Strat to get cold now, would we?:rolleyes: ;)

Now, about that Rick 360 in your current av :whatever: ... since you've discovered just how great a Strat can be, have you had a chance somehow to plug in one of these for test drive? :poke:

Tone2TheBone
March 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
You got one of Plankie's guitars? How cool is that...congrats!

Plank_Spanker
March 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Very glad to see you happy with the Strat, Strum! :D

Plank_Spanker
March 4th, 2008, 11:19 AM
PLANK, what are asking for the DOT and any details on it???

PM me.

just strum
March 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Very glad to see you happy with the Strat, Strum! :D

More than happy my friend. I have been making sure that no meetings get scheduled towards the end of the day in order not to interrupt departure time. I leave about an hour earlier than most of my coworkers and they always seem to have a meeting or emergency right about the time that I am leaving.

I'm going home, maybe change strings and play, play, play!!!

Algonquin
March 4th, 2008, 03:57 PM
You're killing me Plank... You're just killing me!

The DOT looks great.

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Better pics and details on the Schecter C-1 Classic:

TonePros locking bridge, Grover tuners, 24 frets. Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck. "String-thru" string stop, and a sweet heel on the neck. Schaller strap locks.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0800.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0801.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0803.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0802.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/100_0804.jpg

sunvalleylaw
March 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Man those are both nice guitars. I wish I could just collect. Arrgh!

Plank_Spanker
March 5th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Steve,

They are nice guitars, but they just don't see alot playing time anymore......................and I'm trying to finance another guitar.

I've played lots of notes on both of them, and part of me will be sad to see them go.

just strum
March 5th, 2008, 09:44 PM

I'll post a pic or two from Strumsville this weekend. I only made one cosmetic mod, I changed the knobs. I think the rest will stay as is. This is actually the guitar I was thinking about painting, but once it arrived - NO WAY!!!

sunvalleylaw
March 5th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Look at the proud new papa with his new avatar! Way to go Strum! It does now live at your house!

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I almost brought the Strat up to Canada with me, along with my little Fender Bullet amp. I go one night without the guitar and it drove me nuts.

Oh, of course I miss my wife and kids too.

mrmudcat
March 7th, 2008, 06:19 AM
If you paint that guitar ill personally come to your house with the Fender police and have you promptly arrested:D

If I knew this was the axe your were thinking of I wouldnt of recomended a krylon paint job:thwap:

The knobs I understand as perhaps to much for some.Although tasty looking most likely id put black knobs and switch tip.Let me know if ya need this I have a set yours free brother!!!(including jack and pins) :rockon: Is the wilky black??? If so id change the jack to black and also the strap pins let me know .I need pics so I can butt in ,I mean offer suggestions.

Also if you dont use the knobs (jack to if changed) you took off id be interested in having them for future use !:rockon:

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
If you paint that guitar ill personally come to your house with the Fender police and have you promptly arrested:D

If I knew this was the axe your were thinking of I wouldnt of recomended a krylon paint job:thwap:

The knobs I understand as perhaps to much for some.Although tasty looking most likely id put black knobs and switch tip.Let me know if ya need this I have a set yours free brother!!! :rockon: Is the wilky black??? If so id change the jack to black and also the strap pins let me know .I need pics so I can butt in .i mean offer suggestions

If I painted it, you would have every right to kick my butt, except you probably would have had to race Plank to my house and the guy that got here last would only have what was left of me.:D

I switched to black knobs, but haven't changed the tip yet.

Before it arrived I was thinking I would change the pick guard, but there is something really sweet on how the guard blends in with the red. I'm not even sure what color you would call it, but I can only describe it as light golden white.

mrmudcat
March 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Plank im curious ,usually the trans finishes were ash bodies is this strat ash??:beer:

Plank_Spanker
March 7th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I do believe the body is ash, and it would be a crime to paint it. There's some lovely grain visible with that finish.

just strum
March 7th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Plank im curious ,usually the trans finishes were ash bodies is this strat ash??:beer:

It might be ash, but I refer to it as "mine".

Can you tell I love this guitar?

Plank_Spanker
March 7th, 2008, 06:38 AM
It might be ash, but I refer to it as "mine".

Can you tell I love this guitar?

I'm very happy that I found a good home for this Strat, Strum. :D

Now, I need some fellow Fretters to take home a Dot and a C-1! :beer:

mrmudcat
March 7th, 2008, 07:11 AM
That scratch plate is perfect with that color .It is called gold pearloid.:D Ash was about a $ 200 upcharge more or less and is a sweet bonus brother.Im kicking myself now for not jumping on it:thwap: I am happy it most likely will never leave strums hands and I know it will be mucho luved:master:

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
That scratch plate is perfect with that color .It is called gold pearloid.:D Ash was about a $ 200 upcharge more or less and is a sweet bonus brother.Im kicking myself now for not jumping on it:thwap: I am happy it most likely will never leave strums hands and I know it will be mucho luved:master:
Ash! Ash! Ash! Ash!

Right Mudddy? ;)

You were gonna put banana pudding all over that beauty, Strum?

mrmudcat
March 7th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Ash! Ash! Ash! Ash!

Right Mudddy? ;)

You were gonna put banana pudding all over that beauty, Strum?

Tot you forgot

ASH:bootyshake: ASH :bootyshake: ASH:bootyshake: ASH:bootyshake:

tot_Ou_tard
March 7th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Tot you forgot

ASH:bootyshake: ASH :bootyshake: ASH:bootyshake: ASH:bootyshake:
That wasn't forgetfullness.

That was *selective* memory.

I now SELECT not to remember this post ash well!

just strum
March 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM

Ok, the photos aren't good, but I can assure you the guitar is great.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC00031.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC00029.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/DSC00033.jpg

I was hoping to capture the grain, but didn't have any luck.

street music
March 9th, 2008, 03:24 PM
J-Strum that is a fine looking Strat and I'm glad for you. I might get to add another guitar to my home in the near future, I'm still looking at that DOT.

just strum
March 9th, 2008, 03:55 PM
J-Strum that is a fine looking Strat and I'm glad for you. I might get to add another guitar to my home in the near future, I'm still looking at that DOT.

Thanks Street.

I just played my Dot, the first time I played any of my other guitars since the Strat arrived. The Dot sounds sweet and having both the Strat and the Dot now gives me a better appreciation for the different sounds they produce. I better understand why guitarist use different guitars based on the songs they are playing - well that and they have a lot more money than me.

Personally I would give some serious thought to the Dot. It is a fine instrument and I doubt you will be disappointed. I believe there are a few on this forum that have Dots that could give you some comments.

Guitar Gal
March 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
What a SWEEEET strat Strum! :R

I'm sure you will take care of her :bravo:

GG

sunvalleylaw
March 9th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I wish on the Dot.

Plank_Spanker
March 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Looks like the Schecter will be shipped in a day or two. The Dot is still here and waiting for a new home................................

just strum
March 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I can't believe that Dot is still available. Must turn away, wife would kill me.

Plank_Spanker
March 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I can't believe that Dot is still available. Must turn away, wife would kill me.

You sure, Strum? LMAO!!!!!!!

Don't want to get you in trouble...........................:D

luvmyshiner
March 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
WOW! How did I miss this Strum. She's a beaut and congrats.

just strum
March 11th, 2008, 06:56 PM
WOW! How did I miss this Strum. She's a beaut and congrats.

Thanks Shiner, I thought you knew about this.

That Dot would look mighty fine down in Waco.

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2008, 07:03 PM

. . . . . . . .grrrrrrrrrrr.

just strum
March 11th, 2008, 07:05 PM
. . . . . . . .grrrrrrrrrrr.

You won't be sorry.:rockon:

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Yah I will. I can't buy it.

just strum
March 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Yah I will. I can't buy it.

Steve, someday you will and it will be a great addition to your gear.

It's a guitar that doesn't break the bank and provides a great feel and sound.

Plank_Spanker
March 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Strum,

The Strat looks great with black knobs! :AOK:

just strum
March 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Strum,

The Strat looks great with black knobs! :AOK:

Thanks Plank. Two things increased my enthusiasm for playing, in no particular order, the lessons and the Strat. I have the Strat, the Dot and the ARC300 all sitting about 4 feet away and the Strat still is the one I reach for.

Plank_Spanker
March 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks Plank. Two things increased my enthusiasm for playing, in no particular order, the lessons and the Strat. I have the Strat, the Dot and the ARC300 all sitting about 4 feet away and the Strat still is the one I reach for.

It's a sweet guitar.....................:AOK: