PDA

View Full Version : Just another Boat People here!

Singingelk
February 21st, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hey it feels like "Cheers" in here....Norm! Sam! Woody....

I felt like I was talking to the walls over in the canyon of Washburn land. So I am tagging along....I mostly just read over there, and unless I have some stupid joke, or simply a witty observation, I don't usually say much. Most of you guys are smarter than I am about guitars anyway...but I like to read your comments, so here I am.

I've played for a while, but bass and vocals are my strong point. I finger-pick for my own enjoyment...at least till my nose gets sore! :thwap:

Monty

mrmudcat
February 21st, 2008, 10:22 PM
welcome:beer:

Singingelk
February 21st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hey Mud! How ya doin brother. I'm still lovin those blues, but I am about to put the strat away and go back to my flat top....:rotflmao:

Katastrophe
February 21st, 2008, 10:30 PM
I've played for a while, but bass and vocals are my strong point. I finger-pick for my own enjoyment...at least till my nose gets sore! :thwap:

Monty

Now, that's just funny! :rotflmao: Welcome, Monty. Glad you could join us. Post often! We value everyone's opinion here.:AOK:

strumsalot
February 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Welcome Monty.:beer:

Dreadman
February 21st, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hey Elk. Welcome aboard.

Like Katastrophe said, jump right in. It's not hard to get a good conversation rolling around here.

Singingelk
February 21st, 2008, 10:45 PM
It already feels like home. I kinda feel sorry for all the guys that were here before the great migration....are you guys okay with all of us? Hope so, cause this is a great bunch of guys!

Cheers :beer:

Monty

Dreadman
February 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Good point Monty. I never really thought about our impact on the existing dynamics here. Kind of like when a big group of kids from another neighborhood shows up on your favorite street corner.......

magoo
February 21st, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hey Monty, welcome.

Singingelk
February 21st, 2008, 11:18 PM
Knowing all you guys like I do....I know it will be a positive impact.

Katastrophe
February 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
It already feels like home. I kinda feel sorry for all the guys that were here before the great migration....are you guys okay with all of us? Hope so, cause this is a great bunch of guys!

Cheers :beer:

Monty

I think the great migration is awesome. I get to read about guitars that I otherwise wouldn't have heard about from some really friendly folks. What's not to like?:AOK:

All you new fretters are getting me to want to play more acoustic, and that's a good thing!:beer:

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Welcome Singingelk! I am also partial to the Snorting Elk, the tav at the base of Crystal Mtn ski area, WA. But I am pleased to make your acquaintance!

Spudman
February 22nd, 2008, 12:40 AM
All you new guys are going to have to cook at the BBQ. Thems the rules. The rest of us get to just sit and jaw.

Welcome.:wave:

ted s
February 22nd, 2008, 06:27 AM
Welcome Monty !
Must remind myself not to be drinking coffee while reading a Monty post..

warren0728
February 22nd, 2008, 06:58 AM
welcome monty....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

tot_Ou_tard
February 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
. I finger-pick for my own enjoyment...at least till my nose gets sore! :thwap:

Monty
You've earned your keep with that'un. Welcome!

(reminder, never buy a used item from Monty ;))

On the subject of the Washout: We've enloyed it. Good folx & it keeps things interesting.

You should feel free to turn on the lights in acoustic sections & make yourself at home.

oldguy
February 22nd, 2008, 07:38 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Monty! Glad you joined us here.:beer:

Robert
February 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Welcome Monty!

All you new guys are going to have to cook at the BBQ. Thems the rules. The rest of us get to just sit and jaw.

Welcome.:wave:
Well, you may have to put away all them plates too after we're done eating.... just kidding :pancake: :)

duhvoodooman
February 22nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Man, it must be getting mighty thin over there in Wash-ington! Welcome to TheFret, Monty! :AOK:

Algonquin
February 22nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Welcome!
:beer:

luvmyshiner
February 22nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hey Monty, glad to see you found your way over here. Looks like we're cooking BBQ so I'm gonna go fire the grill up!

spt
February 22nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Man, it must be getting mighty thin over there in Wash-ington! :AOK:

There never was any shortage of BS in DC. I don't expect there will be anytime soon.

Cal
February 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Welcome Singingelk!

It's good to see you again. :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
February 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Welcome Monty!

We're awash in Washburners!

Lunaray
February 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Good to see you here Monty!

YerDugliness
February 22nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
I thought I just said hi to you a couple of days ago????

Oh, yeah, that was yet a 3rd forum :thwap: !

Welcome here, too!! You'll find this forum quite a bit more active than that other forum I mentioned--quite a friendly bunch here, too....

Dugly :cool:

Singingelk
February 22nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
Thank you everyone...I am pleased to make your acquaintance....I would shake hands, buuut ....you know! As for buying used guitars from me...well the strings might be a little corroded, but that's the only way I can keep my kids out of my guitar case. With five kids playing guitar in the house, heck I'd never get a chance to play my guitar! Tell you what...I'll throw in a set of new strings if I ever decide to sell it though.

As for BBQ.... I've never met a Texan yet that couldn’t throw down a great bowl of chili, or BBQ worth fighting over! Have at it Shinner! As I recall, CB is quite the cook too!!!

Anyway…I am glad to be here….Now where do we talk about guitars, and what’s the rule about talking makes and models? Of course I love my Washburn, but I think there may be a Breedlove Atlas in my future…any Breedlove fans in here that can give me the low-down on an AD25/SR Plus?

Monty

just strum
February 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
...and what’s the rule about talking makes and models?
Monty

There are none, that's one of the beauties of this place.

Dreadman
February 22nd, 2008, 11:19 PM
.....and what’s the rule about talking makes and models?The rule seems to be - ask, answer, explain, share & enjoy anything that makes ya happy.

tot_Ou_tard
February 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
The rule seems to be - ask, answer, explain, share & enjoy anything that makes ya happy.
That's it in a nutshell!

Childbride
February 23rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
hiya Monty! good ta see ya! :D