PDA

View Full Version : What concert did you miss and wish you didn't?

sunvalleylaw
February 21st, 2008, 11:23 PM
What one show came near enough to go to, but for whatever reason you didn't, and you later really regretted it? I am not a big concert goer like some are, but I enjoy getting to some.

The one that I regret missing was pretty recent. Last fall, my birthday weekend, Neil Young was in Boise. I did not get any tickets til it was too late, and the scalpers were too rich for my blood. But I sure wish I was there. Some friends went and told me it was a great performance, with a good mix of acoustic and electric, old and new. Artists were painting large placards during one song, announcing the next in an artful way. Apparently Neil and his musicians were in really good form. Like I said, wish I woulda been there. Hopefully I'll get the chance again soon.

What show did you miss?

Skittles
February 21st, 2008, 11:40 PM
Marilyn Manson, Anti-Christ Superstar

Jimi75
February 22nd, 2008, 02:35 AM
Missed Springsteen and Pearl Jam on their last tour.
I had gigs myself at those days.

The gig that I most regret having missed it was Jeff Buckley when he toured Germany for the last time. A friend of mine did the tourpromotion and invited me to the concert - I went on holiday to Spain. Shortly after that Jeff drowned!

ted s
February 22nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
SRV's last tour through this area before the crash.
My, at the time, little brother said let's go, I said, we'll catch him next time through. :thwap:

warren0728
February 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
srv for me too....i went to a clapton show and stevie had been showing up and playing with him a lot during the tour and i had high hopes he would show up at the clapton show i was going to....well he didn't and a couple of months later he was no longer with us....i still regret never getting to see stevie play live....

ww

snoglobe
February 22nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Elvis Costello playing the Princess Theatre in Edmonton, had to be 1978, My Aim is True was just released.

Also missed the Pretenders (original lineup) a few years later. They were scheduled to come into town on my birthday, but the week prior Martin Chambers put his hand through a window and the rest of the tour was canned. Then members started to die off, as did my interest in the band. To me they lost their edge, though in hindsight, I would have preferred that James and Pete hadn't OD'd.

t_ross33
February 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
RUSH in Edmonton: Power Windows Tour '86.

The Edmonton Oilers had a playoff game the night the concert was scheduled, so they switched concert dates with Calgary. No biggie, but they played Calgary first. Then it started to snow. Hard. We drove 3 hrs through a raging blizzard only to find that the Edmonton show was cancelled. The band made it up the night before by plane, but the trucks with all the gear couldn't get through as the highway between Calgary and Edmonton was closed due to the storm. :mad::flamemad:

Seeing them this May though. It better not snow! :nono:

tunghaichuan
February 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Adrian Belew came to Boulder about 10 years ago for a solo performance. I was sicker than a dog when he came through and couldn't go. My brother and a friend went and said he played his @$$ off.

tung

Robert
February 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
Any concert with Jimi Hendrix I am sorry I didn't get to see. Well, I wasn't old enough to go to a concert back then, I was barely out of the womb.

Other than that, I am sorry I didn't see Spudman when he was touring Alberta.

Tone2TheBone
February 22nd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I missed Van Halen's second tour back in high school and I was even offered a free ticket. I got in trouble earlier that week and was grounded razzen frazzen rassen.....

Saw their first tour though.

Bloozcat
February 22nd, 2008, 09:50 AM
Definitely Hendrix for me as well. Had a couple of opportunities to see him and didn't. I've regreted it ever since. Stevie Ray would have to be next, followed by the Rolling Stones.

just strum
February 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM
The Beatles at Cleveland Stadium. I had tickets and didn't go.

I probably wouldn't have heard a thing, but it would be cool to tell my kids I went to one of their concerts.