PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany

FrankAxtell
February 22nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Here's my latest contribution called "Epiphany". The motif is based in a 5/4 groove.
I used my San Dimas Charvel strat into a Carl Martin compressor/limiter into an Xotic BB preamp onto my Fender Vibro King.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6292353

http://www.cambriaarts.org.uk/images/uploaded/artworks/magick.php/Epiphany.jpg

Robert
February 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Good tone - why didn't you use your new uber-cool Marshall 100w head?

Kazz
February 23rd, 2008, 05:58 AM
very cool....thanks for sharing.

Algonquin
February 23rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Very tight, and very well produced clip Frank!

Excellent as always. :AOK:

KrisH
February 23rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
WOW! Very tasty. :AOK:

marnold
February 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
WOW! Very tasty. :AOK:
Frank just shows up every so often, blows us all away, and then returns to his fortress of solitude. Even though Jazz is not typically my thing, I've never failed to enjoy anything that Frank has posted.

Radioboy950
February 23rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Frank.
Tasty flavors that remind me very much of my favorite fusion growing up...Passport, Ponty in particular.
I'm really glad to hear people playing this genre. Did you also listen to these groups??
Love your work!:bravo:

FrankAxtell
February 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Good tone - why didn't you use your new uber-cool Marshall 100w head?
I just like trying different amps...my new one which is half way done will again feature the marshall plexi...thanks so for listening. :D

FrankAxtell
February 24th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Frank just shows up every so often, blows us all away, and then returns to his fortress of solitude. Even though Jazz is not typically my thing, I've never failed to enjoy anything that Frank has posted.
Thanks so much for the kind words of encouragement. I do spent a lot of time in my recording studio...lately I've been on a roll, to many ideas and not enough time to get them all recorded. My root are still in blues and rock but I love jazz also. Keep listening and thanks so much for posting! :beer:

FrankAxtell
February 24th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Hey Frank.
Tasty flavors that remind me very much of my favorite fusion growing up...Passport, Ponty in particular.
I'm really glad to hear people playing this genre. Did you also listen to these groups??
Love your work!:bravo:
Thank you, I'm a big Jean-Luc Ponty fan....and all great fusion artist of the last 40+ years....I listen all sorts of stuff from John Coltrane to Bjork to Mike Landau...to many to list here...I get bored easily. :D