PDA

View Full Version : I'm here

strat65
March 30th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Hello all...........I'm new to Fret.Net.........Thanks for the help Robert.......

I'm officially a geezer now having just turned 50........I like rock,country and most stuff in between...........Allman Bros,Gary Moore,Clapton.......Merle,Strait,Tritt.........etc .
I'm a collector of old Fender,Gibson guitars and amps,Marshall,Hammond organs and old cars.............man am I ever a geezer.........anyway it's good to be here..........looking forward to some interesting yak.
Regards all...................Don

warren0728
March 30th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I'm a collector of old Fender,Gibson guitars and amps,Marshall,Hammond organs and old cars.
welcome don...i see you only collect the cheap stuff.....good plan....easier on the wallet :D

What type of cars do you have (another cheap hobby huh) ;)

There are a few of us on thefret that have classic and unique autos (I have a 1954 ford f-100 truck)

here is the link to the thread:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=356

read through some of the old threads....if nothing else they will be entertaining!

ww

Robert
March 30th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Welcome Strat65, glad to see you joined us!

I've seen pics of Don's stuff - he sure gots loads of gear!

Have fun here,
R

ZoSo65
March 30th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Welcome Don!
yeah, Roberts' a good man,,LOL,,seriously though he is!
Welcome to TheFret!

Spudman
March 30th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Welcome aboard 65. You'll find plenty of mature, strangely humorous players around here. Enjoy.

r_a_smith3530
March 30th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Welcome young'un (I'm 52)! You ought to like it around here. Many of the most active members here have really gotten into finding great tone at reasonable cost, and that seems to be a common theme of many posts. That, interjected with large doses of bizarre humor. You have found the looney bin of the guitar world, and I mean that with the utmost of respect and admiration. I am proud to be a part of our fretted insanity! As I said, you'll like it.

My own collection of guitars (and basses) isn't too large, but it's pretty eclectic. I have a few favored brands, but I look more at the individual instrument and how it can complement my style. I love to tinker (I imagine we share that) so most of them are modified to one degree or another. I've gotten into bass in a big way over the past year, and it is my primary focus today. Musically, I'm primarily into the blues and blues-based rock, but I like to experience all music styles to one degree or another. My three favorite bass players are (in no particular order), Stanley Clarke, Mel Schacher, and Aron Burton. My favorite guitarists are Albert Collins, Buddy Guy, and Otis Rush. Clapton gets a special mention.

I also share your love of cars, and that goes back to when I was a young pup, with my first recollection of a "family car" actually being two, my mom's '53 Alfa Spyder and my dad's '54 MG TF. My current beast is "Bertha Butt," a 1968 Chevy K20 pickup.

I look forward to many good posts.

duhvoodooman
March 31st, 2006, 05:57 AM
Welcome, Strat65! How about posting a few pix of some of them ol' gitfiddles of yours! Good way to generate a lot of oooooo-ing and aaaaahh-ing here! :D

tot_Ou_tard
March 31st, 2006, 06:27 AM
And photos of them cars too! Welcome.

SuperSwede
March 31st, 2006, 06:54 AM
.........looking forward to some interesting yak.

Hi there Don! We all love a nice Yak :)

Here you go

http://www.rarebreeds.co.nz/yak.jpg

warren0728
March 31st, 2006, 07:15 AM
wow....i love that yak....the best yak we've had around here :D

ww

Tone2TheBone
March 31st, 2006, 08:36 AM
Welcome Don! :)

Nelskie
March 31st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Don - Welcome to our little corner of the online guitar universe. From screaming amph solos to naked pancakes, chances are you'll find it here.

Swede - I nearly "yakked" from laughing so hard at your yak pic. It was yak-a-riffic!

strat65
March 31st, 2006, 08:12 PM
Well thank you all very much for the warm greetings............when I find the pics I'll post some........lookin' forward to the humour............

tot_Ou_tard
March 31st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Well thank you all very much for the warm greetings............when I find the pics I'll post some........lookin' forward to the humour............
Humour?!? What humour? This is a serious little gear lusting backwater. We've got some (in)decent pancake recipes too!

SuperSwede
April 1st, 2006, 01:25 AM
Swede - I nearly "yakked" from laughing so hard at your yak pic. It was yak-a-riffic!

Oh dont yakk on us Nelskie... :D

Tim
April 1st, 2006, 10:07 AM
Welcome Strat65 to the Fret Net. There are plenty of geezers on this net. We like it that way because it keeps the posts on a more mature theme, unless some of us get out of hand, but it stays clean fun.

Just about all of us like any kind of music that deals with the guitar, but there are some really die hard fans of their particular bands. If you have questions, these guys have the answers. There’s a lot of knowledge and talent here on the Fret Net.

Once again, welcome Strat65.

Warren – When you say “here”, do you mean on the net or in Florida? If it is Florida, I did not know we had Yaks in Florida.

warren0728
April 1st, 2006, 10:14 AM
Warren – When you say “here”, do you mean on the net or in Florida? If it is Florida, I did not know we had Yaks in Florida.
on the fret....no YAKS in florida but lots of YANKS :D .....are you back in sunny florida? Glad to see you back on thefret!

ww

SuperSwede
April 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Hey Tim, Welcome home to the fret net! :)

http://www.redfish.com/Yak/images/welcome1.jpg

Tone2TheBone
April 2nd, 2006, 12:17 AM
go Gators?

:)

strat65
April 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Hey Warren..........I may have figured out how to attach a pic......

strat65
April 7th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Another test........

warren0728
April 7th, 2006, 08:08 AM
go Gators?
National Champions Baby!!

warren0728
April 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Hey Warren..........I may have figured out how to attach a pic......
what a beautiful ride....details!! I want details!!

ww

strat65
April 7th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Warren..........wait......there's more.

warren0728
April 7th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Warren..........wait......there's more.
waiting.... :)

strat65
April 7th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Warren.....sorry......I can't seem to get back to my browser!!

strat65
April 7th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Uhmmm................

strat65
April 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Warren.....Gotta go.....I'll get back.

Tim
April 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Yep! The Gator's won the championship. But I am a bit confused. All I ever heard around this town for the last 14 years was the Gator’s football team. Now all of a sudden, everyone’s a basketball expert. But from what I have been hearing, they can’t understand why the ball was never kicked during the games?

duhvoodooman
April 7th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Didn't kick the ball??? I read that the Gators scored 73 points and assumed 10 TD's and a field goal. So if they didn't kick, how could they end up with an odd number? :confused: :eek:

warren0728
April 8th, 2006, 02:39 PM
don,

that is one beautiful chevy belair...the vettes ok too but i'm more into the 50's and older rides (although i did love my 71 240Z)!

i really liked the fender neon sign too....i don't see it in the forum anymore but i grabbed it earlier and am using it as my desktop right now! I would love to have one of those in my music room (http://homepage.mac.com/warren0728/PhotoAlbum14.html)!

ww

strat65
April 10th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Warren.........been real busy lately..........nice music room......that neon would go well.........somehow that got on the forum so I took it off.......the '55 is a body off restoration...........too much too list..........4 wheel disc,350 hp small block,4 sp Borg Warner........I finished it in '96......the Vette is due for a resto..........Talk again when I get some time......Later.

warren0728
April 11th, 2006, 05:08 AM
yeah my 54 ford was a body of restoration too....power steering, power brakes (front disk). It is due for another body off restore.....gonna rerun all gas/brake lines, etc plus new wiring. Probably gonna go for orange with ghost flames.

ww