PDA

View Full Version : The Foos

Radioboy950
February 24th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Heading out shortly this evening to see Foo Fighters. They are always a rockin' good time. I'm really looking forward to checking out special guests, Against Me! I really like their latest album "New Wave". I really don't care much for their earlier punky stuff, but this new one, produced by Butch Vig, is a winner.
You Floridian Fretters may know of Against Me!...from Gainesville, I believe. :dude:

Algonquin
February 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
That's great!. I've only seen YouTube clips of their live shows, but they always seem to cover some other bands material and have a great time doing it. Queen's 'Tie your Mother Down', and the B-52's 'Planet Claire' are a couple I've seen.

Should be fun, enjoy the show.
:beer:

pes_laul
February 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Heading out shortly this evening to see Foo Fighters. They are always a rockin' good time. I'm really looking forward to checking out special guests, Against Me! I really like their latest album "New Wave". I really don't care much for their earlier punky stuff, but this new one, produced by Butch Vig, is a winner.
You Floridian Fretters may know of Against Me!...from Gainesville, I believe. :dude:
That's cool! I was hoping to get tickets to their detroit concert but I was a little short on cash. Aint serj tankian on tour with them right now?

Algonquin
February 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
That's cool! I was hoping to get tickets to their detroit concert but I was a little short on cash. Aint serj tankian on tour with them right now?
Doesn't look like it...

Feb 24, 2008 Detroit, MI @ Joe Louis Arena

With: Against Me!

Edit: They'll be with the Foo's and Against Me for the next few shows after tonights.

sunvalleylaw
February 24th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I liked the Foos, but found them a bit hard to listen to at times because I missed Kurt. I have their first album, like what I hear when I hear it, but probably need to give their later stuff more of a listen. have fun!

Brian Krashpad
February 25th, 2008, 10:45 AM

That's correct, they're from here in Gainesville. They moved downstate (Naples) for awhile, then moved back. They started as a duo with the singer on acoustic and a guy sitting on the floor banging a plaster can like you see on construction sites.

They opened for my band, Crash Pad, at a show in 2000.

Radioboy950
February 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM
That's correct, they're from here in Gainesville. They moved downstate (Naples) for awhile, then moved back. They started as a duo with the singer on acoustic and a guy sitting on the floor banging a plaster can like you see on construction sites.

They opened for my band, Crash Pad, at a show in 2000.

Oh, cool.
How'd that go...the bangin' O the bucket?

Brian Krashpad
February 26th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Oh, cool.
How'd that go...the bangin' O the bucket?

Haha, the really funny thing is, the guy banging the bucket was an OK percussionist, and by really weird coincidence was the son of a former secretary of my consulting firm.

The lead singer was a very charismatic, good looking kid that tons of high schoolers, predominately girls, came out to see. The show was in this little one-room storefront "alternative media library and showspace" venue, so with 30 or 40 people in it, it was packed. While it's kinda cool to say that Against Me! opened for Crash Pad (we were certainly the better-known band locally at the time, which isn't saying much), the downside was that as soon as they finished their set, they left and took all the underage girls with them.

:(