PDA

View Full Version : Vox Cooltron Big Ben Overdrive

Mr Grumpy
February 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Picked this up for an ultra bargain price on a clearance (brand new £29 UK, about $55 US)

A large and very striking (and shiny) pedal with 3 controls (volume/tone/gain) and the valvetronix technology ( you can see a valve, cunningly lit up by a blue LED on the PCB). Runs on 4 x AA batteries or mains supply and has a true bypass footswitch. Very well made. I tried it into a Valve Junior and it was great, gives a warm and fat overdrive boost my particular favourite so far is all the knobs at about 1 o' clock. It sounds REALLY good into my Valvetronix AD 30, dirties up the clean amps (particularly impressive on the boutique cln and tweed 4 x10 amps) and on the high gain models gives a noticeable thickening up of the sound, adding lots of body and smoothness without additional distortion. Its a fantastic pedal at any price, and to get something of this 'boutique-a-like' quality at Behringer/Dano prices is a steal. I'd advise any UK posters to check the clearance section of their local sound control store (link attached). They were selling like hot cakes on Sunday at mine (had to queue up!)

http://clearance.soundcontrol.co.uk/index.php

Robert
February 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Great deals there! Search for "vox" on the page - found several nice deals. That is an interesting pedal you got.