PDA

View Full Version : Walter Trout

Spudman
March 31st, 2006, 11:05 AM
All you blues aficionados out there might enjoy Walter Trout. A pretty good album to start with would be "Deep Trout." Funky, heavy, acoustic, soulful singing. He does it all. Released 2005.

Delbert McClinton also released "Cost Of Living" in 2005 as well. Great to jam with because guitars are sparse.

Guitar-Chris
March 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM
All you blues aficionados out there might enjoy Walter Trout. A pretty good album to start with would be "Deep Trout." Funky, heavy, acoustic, soulful singing. He does it all. Released 2005.

Funny, bought this album 2 weeks ago.:)

Great Music! My favourite songs: If you just try!

duhvoodooman
March 31st, 2006, 08:53 PM
Good recommendation! I've got some Walter Trout I grabbed off the net back when Napster first got big. I've got several tunes from Life in the Jungle and Prisoner of a Dream. My favorite is a live performance in Denmark of Serve Me Right to Suffer that really smokes. Apparently, Walter has been much bigger over in Europe than he here in the US. I guess he played with Canned Heat and John Mayall many moons ago....

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I recently heard Deep Trout. I'd have to add my recommendation here. Great stuff, although I don't know why he is so anxious to kill the Monkey.

...he is baaaAAAaaad I've heard but why kill the cute li'l chimp?

On the other hand I also recently heard some Gary Moore....eh....not so good. It sounded a little processed to my ears. He wins the sustain contest hands down though. The Dead can make a concert out of one song (I like the Dead--deal with it!). Big whoop! Gary can make one out of one NOTE.

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I've also been listening to ZZ Top Rancho Texicano (the best of...). Brown sauce, yummmmmm.

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Next up the Flower Kings Flower Power...I know that they have a fret following.
I can't wait to hear them.

Spudman
April 5th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Try Unfold The Future and Rainmaker and Adam & Eve and the new one Paradox Hotel. I checked in today and I'll be staying for a while. The bar is stocked and they have big screen.

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Try Unfold The Future and Rainmaker and Adam & Eve and the new one Paradox Hotel. I checked in today and I'll be staying for a while. The bar is stocked and they have big screen.

So these are better than Flower Power Spudsy? Or p'haps we should call you Sudsy, I don't think that bar'll be well stocked for too much longer.

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Soooo, which one to start with?

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Oh & Sudster, try not to be too hard on your bleem, you might be one next life.

tot_Ou_tard
April 5th, 2006, 05:35 PM
<----Whoa! I just noticed that I've made it to Senior Member Status. It don't take much young'uns, jes a wacky happy typin' finger.

^
|

See, a piece o' nonsense like this might even be enough to put you over the edge!