PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Canadian No Productivity Day!

marnold
February 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Otherwise known as the NHL trade deadline! I'm doing the same thing I did last year. Tuesday's usually my day off (if possible), so I'm going to be parked in front of my computer watching the NHL.com stream of the TSN coverage of the deadline from 10-5 Eastern today.

Personally, I think that the talking heads are idiots for picking Anaheim to win the Cup again, but that's why they play the game!

Rocket
February 26th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome to Canadian No Productivity Day!
How does one tell the difference?

Algonquin
February 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Who in the Wings camp is sweating it right now Marnold? Anyone in particular being shopped around?, or are the Wings buying?

marnold
February 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Who in the Wings camp is sweating it right now Marnold? Anyone in particular being shopped around?, or are the Wings buying?
The Wings are buying. They're one of the few contenders with cap space: about 5 million to be exact. The names being bandied about include Marian Hossa from the Thrashers, Rob Blake from the Kings, Sergei Fedorov from the Jackets. I would imagine that the likes of Jiri Hudler, Mikael Samuelsson, and maybe even Valterri Filppula would be available, to say nothing of prospects or picks.

They did sign fan favorite Darren McCarty to a league-minimum contract, pro-rated at $100K. I don't really expect him to contribute much, but if I can come up toward playoff time and provide some grit, it'd be a good signing. It's one of those high-reward, low-risk things.

marnold
February 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
The national daily output will drop from 100 beaver pelts to only 3.

I'm going to have to go to the store to get some Labatt to drink whilst watching this.

Algonquin
February 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Hey! Say that with a smiley so we know if you're joking or not.

Otherwise we'll have to engage our Mountie to suit up and march down there to issue you a stern warning! :nono:

:canada: :smile-us:

magoo
February 26th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Otherwise we'll have to engage our Mountie to suit up and march down there to issue you a stern warning! :nono:

:canada: :smile-us:

LMAO Rocket Is smiling, LOL Your just not gonna get him to use A smiley..LOL

Mmmm... Hockey...beer....sounds like a fight to me...LOL

just strum
February 26th, 2008, 11:01 AM
For the senior fret members - 1 part dry + 1 part Tot and you have a close mixture to Rocket.

Rocket
February 26th, 2008, 11:36 AM
1. I don't use smilies.
I write very clearly and always spellcheck... it's up to the reader to interpret the message whatever way they choose.
Always tells volumes about the interpreter!

2. People with a sense of [humor] (humour to you Canucks) always get me.
I like to believe I'm helping the rest to acquire one!

3. I don't feel that [neighbors] (neighbours) need borders.
Same goes for Mexico. I realize that you foreigners are intentionally mainlining [criminals & terrorists] (non-Texans to y'all Texans) into our country, but hey... we're secretly sending ours to yours.

4. I haven't been serious about anything since 1989.
Ask anyone!

ted s
February 26th, 2008, 11:36 AM
hey, leave the beavers alone !

Katastrophe
February 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM
2. People with a sense of [humor] (humour to you Canucks) always get me.
I like to believe I'm helping the rest to acquire one!

Thanks for the translation. I have a hard time understanding Canuck, eh!

marnold
February 26th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Well, the Wings ended up with Brad Stuart for a couple of picks. Whoopdeedoo. Although they need some help on the blue line with all of their top four defensemen injured right now.