PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite brand of pens?

Robert
February 26th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I am a Parker guy myself. How about you?

Even though I'm a computer guy, I like writing with a jollly good pen! :bravo:

moon
February 26th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I just picked up a Pentel liquid gel pen. I'm finding an affinity for gel.

Katastrophe
February 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I used to have a set of Cross pens. They were nice. Most of the time, any ol' ball tip pen will do, as long as the ink doesn't smear. I write lefty, and on some pens I end up just making a mess.

sunvalleylaw
February 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Whatever blue one is around, though if a Pilot G-2 is around I'll grab it. I like blue ink so I can see easily which signature is the original.

Tone2TheBone
February 26th, 2008, 03:59 PM
My favorites are the ones I steal from the doctor's office. Big fat round colorful ones probably supplied by pharmaceutical reps. These babies write so good and work extremely well on carbon copied documents.

Katastrophe
February 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
With the silicone grips for your fingers? Man, those things are comfy to write with. Now I've got pen GAS... Thanks Robert & Tone!:D

Radioboy950
February 26th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I love Waterman fountain pens, but not for every day use.
These days, my "go to" pen is a Cross Apogee Rollerball. Great looking pen in a chrome finish. Christmas gift...love it.
Incidentally, in shopping around for pens I discovered there is quite a large community of collectors out there.

WackyT
February 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Pilot G2, definitely!

oldguy
February 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
At home we usually just use paper-mate or bic....... they get "lost" so fast we started using the cheapo brands.
At work I started using Sharpie perm markers with the wide tip on one end and the ultra fine tip on the other. That way I can make notes, figure grade/slope ratios, etc. in the field survey book, or write on grade stakes if need be...and it won't wash off.

luvmyshiner
February 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I'm a big fan of the Pilot Precise V5 extra fine, but they've been hard to find in Waco for a few years, so I've been using the Pilot Precise V7.

Robert, do you stay up late at night thinking of these questions, or do you have a book of interesting topics for forum administrators?:beer:

Robert
February 26th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Shiner, haha, wouldn't YOU like to know... :D
I am conducting a test for the Association of Guitar and Bass Forum Administrators of our Galaxy, and you guys are the guinea pigs... HEHE!

I am finding out which ones are nut cases and which ones are guitar players. :beer: Mouwaahahaahha.....

The final report hasn't been handed in yet though.

On a more serious, I think it's fun to get to know one another a little bit better by talking about pens and shoe size and what not. There is a life beyond guitars too, aye? :pancake:

t_ross33
February 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I thought the forum topic asked about our favorite pen is, and if you read it really fast it sounds a bit too personal :poke:

Parker G2, or a good ol' Bic like the one they used to tape to the end of a javlin then pull it out of the ground and write with it.

:beer:

sunvalleylaw
February 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah, and if you take the guts out, those old clear bics make great spit wad shooters!

just strum
February 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Pilot P500 Extra Fine - Blue

Our company, like most supply us pend, but I go out and buy my own. I hate the slightest hint of drag. People at work think I'm strange because of my obsession with pens. Well at least that's what they say, it couldn't possibly be because I wear my underwear on the outside of my pants.

strumsalot
February 26th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Zebra F-301 - Smooth writing, very fine point, and even writes upside-down.

tot_Ou_tard
February 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I like the Uniball gel pens. I hate dry, scratchy, ball-point pens.

luvmyshiner
February 26th, 2008, 07:31 PM
. . . it couldn't possibly be because I wear my underwear on the outside of my pants.

You too Strum??? I think the rest of the world is weird and I'm wondering when they'll catch up to our fashion sense.:AOK:

Wait a minute . . . what is underwear??:confused: