PDA

View Full Version : Martin Taylor - Georgia on my mind

sunvalleylaw
February 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
This just came on my favorite public jazz station, KPLU, and caught my ear. Pretty nice I think!

USgds2Ruc8U

Hmm, with a name like Martin Taylor, you think he might be good on an acoustic also.

Rocket
February 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Maybe I'll take a new stage name: "Dan Electro", "Charvel DePinto", "Dean Hagstrom", "Axl Hofner", "Godin Jackson"...
...ack, that got old fast!

sunvalleylaw
February 26th, 2008, 05:11 PM
That hollowbody does sound nice. I like that hollowbody sound, in this guy's hands, and in Setzers.

This according to wiki: “ Martin Taylor is one of the most awesome solo guitar players in the history of the instrument. He's unbelievable — Pat Metheny ”

Robert
September 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Wow, and wow. How come I've never of this guy before? Where have I been? He is simply a genius on guitar. Fantastic!

Here's a super cool calypso tune. What a cool idea to make the guitar sound like a steel drum!

JrJ7Gq394hk

sunvalleylaw
September 24th, 2008, 09:21 PM
That is really cool and creative. I hope the jazz police don't get him though. ;-)

jpfeifer
September 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Great! Thanks for posting. I'd heard about Martin Taylor from a friend of mine and I bought one of his albums. The guy is a monster player, especially solo Jazz guitar like this one.

-- Jim

warren0728
September 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Maybe I'll take a new stage name: "Dan Electro", "Charvel DePinto", "Dean Hagstrom", "Axl Hofner", "Godin Jackson"...
...ack, that got old fast!
dan electro has a nice ring to it!! :beer: :poke:

ww