PDA

View Full Version : Baaaad neighbors, awesome moment...

Childbride
February 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM
so shiner's been working on this song. Stained, Everything Changes. i dig it.

i've been playing my lesson [over and over and over and over] and i'm bored. wanna play what he's playing.

'teach me'

'ok'

so i capo at the 2d and he teaches me the chords, and we both plug in and just start jamming. geezly crow, our neighbors must hate us right now, but that was the biggest high i've had all week. we were strumming perfectly in sync... i learned a new song... that was tres cool. :D

sorry, the endorphins are talking. :)

Algonquin
February 26th, 2008, 09:48 PM
sorry, the endorphins are talking. :)
Don't be sorry!
Cheers :beer:

Tone2TheBone
February 26th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Sounds dang cool to me...rock on neighbors. :rockon:

oldguy
February 26th, 2008, 11:28 PM
we both plug in and just start jamming.

:)

Does that mean you both were playing electric.....as in... through amphs??
I hope........ (that way the neighbors can hear better, y'know?):rotflmao: :bravo:

piebaldpython
February 26th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the laughs. Hmmmm....I guess if you're gonna subject the neighbors to YOUR music, maybe you ought to find out what they like and every BLUE moon, play something they'd like to hear!! :AOK:
CB, now that you are on the DARKSIDE, your GAS is just beginning....you'll want a guitar with single coils, one with humbuckers, a FAT one which is a single coil and an humbucker combo and for good measure, finish off with a guitar sporting P90 pups. :dude:

Childbride
February 27th, 2008, 07:42 AM
sorry, i realized i didn't add the other missing puzzle piece to why i was jumping around like a five-year-old last night.

i fretted my first clean barre chord.

repeatedly.

without muting.

it felt EXACTLY like when i was five and my dad took the training wheels off my bike.

like flying. :D

[o, and the jamming with my husband in sync was pretty awesomely nifty, too... ;) ]

Katastrophe
February 27th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Barre chords??? Playing in sync with another guitarist? Plugged in?

Wow! That's two major hurdles jumped in one night. This is an exciting time in the learning process. Now that you and Shiner are playing well together, and you're playing barre chords cleanly, other concepts will come to you faster. I'll bet Shiner was having fun, too, cranky back and all...

Are you working on any scales yet?

And about the neighbors, if they complain, just tell them, "I'm sorry... We'll turn up louder so you can hear us better next time. Any requests?":rockon: :AOK:

magoo
February 27th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Congrats CB, Good for you.
I was worried about our Neighbor when we moved in last year, Because I practice late in the evening . Till one day I ran into her, she said I hear you play all the time. I was thinking oh no here it comes, she then smile at me and said...I always wanted to learn guitar but never had the extra money for lessons....So anyway after 6 mths of lessons free fr me..LOL
She is doing great, now if I could find time to practice by Myself it would be great....LOL

luvmyshiner
February 27th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Does that mean you both were playing electric.....as in... through amphs??
I hope........ (that way the neighbors can hear better, y'know?):rotflmao: :bravo:

Hey OG, CB was playing the electric and I was playing my acoustic/electric. It really was cool watching the expression on her face when she nailed the barre chord. At first she didn't even want to try it, but I reminded her that it would be much easier on the electric with the lower action and smaller gauge strings.

No scales yet Kat.

Brian Krashpad
February 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Ah, barre chords are a big step-- a whole new world opens now!

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Hey OG, CB was playing the electric and I was playing my acoustic/electric. It really was cool watching the expression on her face when she nailed the barre chord. At first she didn't even want to try it, but I reminded her that it would be much easier on the electric with the lower action and smaller gauge strings.

No scales yet Kat.

I think that's just great, Shiner! Once she figures out what/where the basic chord shapes are, barred, she'll have a blast with it.

Robert
February 27th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Great fun to learn new stuff, eh?!