PDA

View Full Version : Albert Collins

piebaldpython
February 27th, 2008, 12:04 AM
It just doesn't get any better than this; Albert Collins, The Master of the Telecaster. Kick back and enjoy!!

lxMYChh4ytQ

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 12:30 AM
He was one of a kind. Capo high and play w/ the fingers.... wow.....
Here's a couple of links w/ some interesting facts...... I couldn't imagine the link between Albert and Neil Diamond till I read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Collins

http://www.rockabilly.nl/references/messages/albert_collins.htm

Jipes
February 27th, 2008, 05:01 AM
A Tone master with his custom Fm open tuning no ones as ever played like him ! a real highly energetic style and some fantastic musicians in his band including Johnny B Gayden on bass :master: and Casey Jones on drums :AOK:

Jipes

Robert
February 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Another Master! Gotta love Albert Collins. He's was a mean blues player. Love his vibrato.

sumitomo
February 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Yea! I love it,I like the getto tape on the ashtray on his telly also.I use to use that tape on fishin' lures.Isnt it cool you could be drivin' down the road a song comes and you can tell whos playin by hearing the vibrato.Sumi

marnold
February 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM
The guy behind him playing the Strat has the mother of all mullets too.

piebaldpython
March 25th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hey CB,
Here's the Master of the Telecaster!!!!! Enjoy. :rockon:

Blaze
April 3rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
That s an interesting tunning

(Open F-minor" tuning (low to high: F-C-F-Ab-C-F)...

This guy had his sound and his owne way to play Télé..

''R.i.p.''

He formed his first band in 1952 and two years later was the headliner at several blues clubs in Houston. By the late 1950s Collins began using Fender Telecasters. He later chose a "maple-cap" 1966 Custom Fender Telecaster with a Gibson PAF humbucker in the neck position and a 100 watt RMS silverfaced 1970s Fender Quad Reverb combo as his main equipment, and developed a unique sound featuring minor tunings, sustained notes and an "attack" fingerstyle. He also frequently used a capo on his guitar, particularly on the 5th, 7th, and 9th frets.

Blazes:master: :master:

mrmudcat
April 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
TASTY:beer:

Pickngrin
April 6th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the clip. I saw Collins play in Gainesville, FL in 1991 or so. I was really glad to have had a chance to see him before he passed on.

warren0728
April 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the clip. I saw Collins play in Gainesville, FL in 1991 or so. I was really glad to have had a chance to see him before he passed on.
where did you see him in G'ville?....that's my old stompin' grounds....

ww

sunvalleylaw
April 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Cool! I have not seen much of him. Will have to delve further.

Pickngrin
April 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
where did you see him in G'ville?....that's my old stompin' grounds....

ww

He played at the Florida Theater... I was at UF in the early 90s, and I think it was '91, possibly '92 that he played there.

Steffe1973
April 14th, 2008, 12:06 AM
He can sure rock!!

Naz Nomad
April 14th, 2008, 04:40 AM
... a chance to see him before he passed on.

All the while someone with a set of working ears and a love for the Blues is alive, so will Collins be ... :master:

ZMAN
April 14th, 2008, 06:20 AM
It is amazing how much tone and the licks he can get from one position on the neck. I have never seen him play with the capo that far up on the neck.
I discovered him back in back in the 70s and have several of his albums on vinyl. He was actually in the Movie "Adventures in Babysitting" Where Elizabeth Shue goes on stage to sing the blues.
They called his style Ice Pickin. He is also on the Alligator records 20th, 25th and 30th annual cds.

sunvalleylaw
April 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I love Alligator records collections. Their Christmas disc from back in the 90's is one of my favorite holiday discs, and yes, Albert is on it.