PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Monday

mark wein
February 27th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Its a long one! This song is so cliche anymore I hesitated to post it, but I really liked my solo so I thought I would submit it...this the last of the "presentable" videos from last week...

Be_ke01o7ac

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
That song's not cliche, Mark, it's classic, never goes out of style, at least not when played that tasty! I really liked that solo, too, nice playing there!:master:
Also, around 4:30........ I see you really take that "kneel down and pray" part seriously.:bravo:

BluesHowler
February 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Great song be it cliche, classic, or standard. Fantastic guitar solo!

Robert
February 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Great solo, Mark! :master:

And I think I heard about 3 people clapping... :mad:

mark wein
February 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys!

I always have fun playing it....we make a point of not playing the bobby bland/allman brothers changes, though....

At that point in the night the crowd had thinned and the people who were left were probably pretty sick of hearing us solo....:D

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 09:25 PM
At that point in the night the crowd had thinned and the people who were left were probably pretty sick of hearing us solo....:D

That's their loss, that solo kicked A$$!
(plus they were prob'ly either drunk or jealous they couldn't do it)......
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

mrmudcat
February 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Classic not cliche and it was quite tasty!!

tot_Ou_tard
February 28th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Fantastic song & tasty playing Mark!

I have the Complete Recordings of T-Bone Walker 1940-1954 on Mosaic Records so I always think of T-Bone first rather than the Allmans (whom I love) when I hear this song.

Jimi75
February 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
My guitar teacher always said that it is not up to you to judge your playing but to other poeple like for e.g. the audience.

Great playing Mark and don't fear the classics. Those will never die!

Justaguyin_nc
February 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
:bravo: Justa Loved it!!:bravo:

One of the best versions I have ever heard!

Thanks for posting!! :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
February 29th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Hey that was nice!! I like your sweet attack on some of those sweet, soulful high bends.

mark wein
February 29th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Classic not cliche and it was quite tasty!!

Fantastic song & tasty playing Mark!

I have the Complete Recordings of T-Bone Walker 1940-1954 on Mosaic Records so I always think of T-Bone first rather than the Allmans (whom I love) when I hear this song.

:bravo: Justa Loved it!!:bravo:

One of the best versions I have ever heard!

Thanks for posting!! :AOK:

Hey that was nice!! I like your sweet attack on some of those sweet, soulful high bends.

My guitar teacher always said that it is not up to you to judge your playing but to other poeple like for e.g. the audience.

Great playing Mark and don't fear the classics. Those will never die!

Thank you guys....I have had the absolute crappiest week and you guys really give me a boost...:)

Iago
March 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Sounds great Mark!

street music
March 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
Mark, truly great,. I enjoyed that very much, I'm getting to the point that blues is my 2-3 most listen too music. I have heard some blues that is just not my bag but that is a good one.

mark wein
March 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Sounds great Mark!

Thanks!

Mark, truly great,. I enjoyed that very much, I'm getting to the point that blues is my 2-3 most listen too music. I have heard some blues that is just not my bag but that is a good one.

I'm glad that you dig it! That was from a gig I played last week...I played in the same place last night and that song didn't go as well...I'm lucky that I caught this performance on video, I guess...

tot_Ou_tard
March 3rd, 2008, 06:52 AM

Blues with a bullet, eh?

What is above the blues in Street's Top 40?

street music
March 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
I listen to a lot of Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, John Mellencamp,
Beatles, CCR, Eagles, Sheryl Crow, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Johnny Rivers, Bad Company, James Gang, some Ben E King, GunsNRoses, a little old country.
I just don't have a lot of blues CDs and my wife doesn't really care that much for blues, of course there a lot see listens too that I don't care for.