PDA

View Full Version : Livin' After Midnight

marnold
February 27th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Since my Floyd was getting all the attention, I thought I'd give my Fender a little lovin'. This clip is my Fender Showmaster through my TO800 (drive: min, tone: noon, level: dimed) into my AD30VT using the UK70s model. The amp's effects were bypassed--dry, dry, dry! The line out from the amp goes into the line in on my soundcard. Recorded using Audacity 1.3.3-beta. The BT is from the Hal Leonard Guitar Play-Along series Vol. 3: Hard Rock. All the guitars are me except for the rhythm part during the solo.

Livin' After Midnight a la marnold (http://www.box.net/shared/gsbb8clno8)

A couple of caveats:
1) This is my first recording using distortion in Audacity. The guitar tone sounds much better (to me) coming through my AD30VT itself.
2) My computer records slightly behind the backing track so I have to adjust the timing manually using the Time Shift tool. I think I got pretty close.
3) I'm pretty happy with the recording--for one take straight through anyway. There's a couple of timing issues on my part and a misfret at the end of the solo. Nonetheless, this is my first recording with a solo (albeit a very simple one) so that makes me a Happy Panda.

I can't end this post without adding this: :dude: :rockon: :R :beavisnbutthead:

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hey, Matt, that sounded great!:AOK:
Rock'n'roll, preacherman, yeah!:beer: :beer: :beer:
(You ever start church with this on Sunday? I bet it'd get some people in the groove!)
Thanks for posting that clip, really good tone, and great playing to boot.:bravo:

Robert
February 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hey, that is great playing Matt! :AOK:!
That's the kinda of material I grew up playing!
You've got chops, preacherman!

R_of_G
February 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Very nice Marnold! You got the song stuck in my head now! I still hear Pink Floyd's "The Gold, It's In The..." as this song's twinner...

Spudman
February 27th, 2008, 06:10 PM
The Panda ain't dead (Balls OF Fury reference). Anyway, nice job.:AOK:

M29
February 27th, 2008, 06:24 PM
That rocked marnold, great job:rockon:

M29

tot_Ou_tard
February 27th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Way to go Reverend Rawk!

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Yeah, Reverend Rawk, that sounds right. And so did the recording. Excellent and thanks for sharing!

mrmudcat
February 27th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Nice playing brother!

Dreadman
February 28th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I'm kind of new around here - am I to understand you're a metal-head/JP fan, who works at a church? heh heh, pretty cool - and so was that recording!

oldguy
February 28th, 2008, 12:41 AM
marnold is a clergyman (preacher), a heavy metal machine, and all around great Fret brother, who also brews his own kick arse ale, and gives us cool advice on various subjects......... just no religion or politics.......
how cool is that?:beer: :beer: :pancake:

Dreadman
February 28th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Well, that's quite an assortment of interests marnold. :AOK:

Kazz
February 28th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Pretty cool stuff there...and I love the new nickname....Reverend Rawk.

Justaguyin_nc
February 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
marnold is a clergyman (preacher), a heavy metal machine, and all around great Fret brother, who also brews his own kick arse ale, and gives us cool advice on various subjects......... just no religion or politics.......
how cool is that?:beer: :beer: :pancake:
Only thing to add..he loves Linux too...:beer:

Great Sounds Marnold....enjoyed it!! keep Rawk'n!! :rockon:

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 01:49 PM
That was awsome Marnold ! Got me jump'n all over the place here.
Now, how am I going to explain all the busted up furniture and stuff when wifey gets home ? huh ?

FrankAxtell
February 28th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Good Job!:dude:

Katastrophe
February 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Marnold, you rawk, man!:rockon:

Nice, thick rhythm tone you got out of the Fender and the Vox. The more I listen to clips of those amphs, the more I like 'em.

I must be gettin' old, though. Can't headbang like I used to. I think I got a cramp in my neck.:D

Keep it up, Rev. Rawk!

marnold
February 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Pretty cool stuff there...and I love the new nickname....Reverend Rawk.
<-- I think someone has a new title now :)

stingx
March 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Very well done! Fantastic cover, man. Great tone and playing. :beer:

street music
March 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Great job ! It ROCKS!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

SuperSwede
March 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Marnold that was some serious rock´n´roll !

Kazz
March 29th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Way Cool CatDaddy.....thats good stuff on a Saturday Morning.

Tone2TheBone
April 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
..."rollin' chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk rollin' chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk"

I finally got to listen to this Marnold. I love those chunky muted chords!

marnold
April 4th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks to one and all. I never anticipated that this clip would generate as many comments as it has. Hopefully that means that I'm not the only aging headbanger here :)

SuperSwede
April 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks to one and all. I never anticipated that this clip would generate as many comments as it has. Hopefully that means that I'm not the only aging headbanger here :)

Well.. you are the only AGING headbanger.. ;)

Childbride
April 5th, 2008, 04:02 PM
[
3) I'm pretty happy with the recording--for one take straight through anyway. There's a couple of timing issues on my part and a misfret at the end of the solo. Nonetheless, this is my first recording with a solo (albeit a very simple one) so that makes me a Happy Panda.

I can't end this post without adding this: :dude: :rockon: :R :beavisnbutthead:

... [?!] Happy Panda... don't tell me that's a South Park reference?! you are Reverend Rawk. :master:

guilty as charged, by the way. aging headbanger, at your service. :)

marnold
April 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
... [?!] Happy Panda... don't tell me that's a South Park reference?! you are Reverend Rawk.
I'm afraid that it is--although I haven't watched much at all in recent seasons.

sunvalleylaw
April 6th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Yah, Marnold. I don't have a big headbanger collection, but I love loud rock and roll. You are inspiring me to learn a little to add into the blues/classic rock track I am currently on. Thanks again for posting it.

Childbride
April 6th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm afraid that it is--although I haven't watched much at all in recent seasons.

we own the first several seasons... we don't watch the recent stuff, unless it's dvr'd, as that's primo weekday practice time for us...

and i love jp. great song! :rockon:

Algonquin
April 10th, 2008, 07:35 PM
All Hail Reverend Rawk! :master:

I loved that :AOK: