PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

peachhead
February 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
My name is Peach...and...and...<sigh> I've got GAS.

Seriously, I'm new. I've been looking over the fence for a couple of weeks or so and finally got around to joining. Twenty some odd years ago I got the urge to learn how to play, so I took the old Kay acoustic off the wall of my parents house, had it restrung and totally drove myself nuts for about two solid weeks. That thing did terrible things to my fingers..so I hung it back up. Fast forward to my new years resolution, 2008- went to my local music store, picked up a new Fender cd60 and a couple of DVDs, went home and have been driving my wife and kids nuts since then. I thought it was a safe habit. I won't need another guitar for at least 6 months or a year, I said. I'll wait until I feel confident on the one I have before I get an electric, I said.

Huh.

Now I go back to my store weekly and lust after those fresh, new Strats hanging on the wall. And the Martins. Thankfully, they don't sell Washburns (I just want to play it to see the difference, I swear). And now I'm reading great things about these new $250 Squier Deluxe Strats, and I've never wanted a Pearl White guitar until now.

Oh, and that old Kay acoustic? In the garage. It's much easier to play than it was back then.

I'm Peach...and I have a problem.

Greetings to all. :beer:

ted s
February 27th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Howdy Peach ! Nice to have you here, pull up a stump and enjoy !

nice intro.

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Welcome Peach! I started playing regularly only a little less than two years ago and ended up with the same problem. Then ended up with a strat, and have since collected some gear to go with that. Have fun, but be patient and careful with that pocketbook. Do as I say, not as I have done! LOL!!!

just strum
February 27th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Peachhead,

I'm another one like you, started with a $90 Squier to "see if I really wanted to play" and a month later it just took off from there.

Welcome to this fine establishment - coat and tie not required, but having a good time is.

Dreadman
February 27th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Welcome to TheFret Peach.

It's a long journey so pull up a chair.

mrmudcat
February 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Welcome!! What neck of the georgia woods you from......I used to live out on 20 past D-VILLE .Villa-Rica. Got plenty of family and friends still there!!:D :beer:

warren0728
February 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
welcome peachhead....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
February 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome Peach! All of us here have a problem... :D
Thanks for joining.

Algonquin
February 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the Fret Peach!
:beer:

magoo
February 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome Peach...Gas is tolerated...LOL
And most here have a bad case..LOL

tot_Ou_tard
February 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Don't fool yourself, you won't get any better here :D .

Welcome to the handbag Peach...we're heading to GAStown ;).

peachhead
February 27th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome!! What neck of the georgia woods you from......I used to live out on 20 past D-VILLE .Villa-Rica. Got plenty of family and friends still there!!:D :beer:

Muddy, I'm just above Macon. Yep I like your old sig...:AOK:

street music
February 27th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome Peach.

pes_laul
February 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
welcome to the fret peach. So got any favorite bands or styles of music?

Spudman
February 27th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Hi ya Peach. :wave:

I used to live in Savannah years ago...y'all.:D

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Welcome to TheFret, peach! Glad you joined us here. :AOK:
Lots of good folks and info around these parts........look around and get acquainted.:beer:

luvmyshiner
February 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Welcome Peach, there is a 12 step program for what we have. Fortunately, none of us are in it.

peachhead
February 27th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Welcome Peach, there is a 12 step program for what we have. Fortunately, none of us are in it.

I don't plan on being the first either...

PL- I like most everything; grew up with country, but it's the law in Macon GA that you have to know the Capricorn back catalogue. If I'm stranded on a desert island and can only have one album- ABB, Ludlow Garage, 70. Or maybe One Way Out, at the Beacon. or maybe Roy Buchanan. or maybe the boys from Doraville, 3rd Annual Pipe Dream... hell, I don't know. Just let me pack up a box full. I'll listen to anything.

Katastrophe
February 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Welcome, peach! My Strat that you see in my avatar is a direct result of the GAS I got from this forum. Hadn't bought an electric in years prior to joining.

We are friendly, helpful, and absoutely dedicated to the continued acquisition of gear. We also like to "oooh and ahhh" over new purchases, too, no matter what the brand.

I believe you'll fit in here just fine!:D

Cal
February 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Welcome Peach! :AOK:

I think you're gonna like it here. ;)

Gil Janus
February 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Welcome.

Grab a spot on the front porch - I'm sure you will find some nice folks who will stop by and chat for a spell.

Gil :cool:

sumitomo
February 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM
12 step program I thought you guys said buy 12?Beware Peach if ya buy a new one or used it will make a new man out of ya only problem is the new man wants one too.Welcome and go ahead and get that Strat but your gunna need 7 one for each day of the week.Sumi

Brian Krashpad
February 29th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I'm Peach...and I have a problem.

Careful man, we're enablers. ;)

Welcome. I'm right down I-75 in Gainesville FL.

duhvoodooman
March 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Peach. :AOK:

My first guitar was a Kay, too. I'm not saying that the action was, er, excessively high, but you practically had to stand on the strings to fret 'em! :eek:

We'll help you with that GAS. Yessiree.... (**evil laugh**)