PDA

View Full Version : Son gets 2 new guitars!

street music
February 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
My son will be 31 next month and at Christmas he brought his Squire Strat back to me and said Dad I'm not finding time to practice , enjoy it!
Then I noticed he had talked to me about seeing this guitar or that one in the shops, I was asking him why waste timing looking if have given up on playing.
Then today boom! He says"Dad I have bought a 08 Washburn I64DL" "plus I've been taking lessons for two weeks".
WELL I COULD'VE jump straight in the air. This young man has fingers twice as long as mine and could play about anything if he puts his mind to it. I told him to check out this site and before we hung up , he says OH! Dad i just bought a X-33 too.
Maybe I have finally rubbed off on him.

tot_Ou_tard
February 27th, 2008, 08:17 PM
...the Fret door is unlocked, tell Street Junior to just come on in & join the jam.

luvmyshiner
February 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Sweet Street! My son has two guitars, one of which I bought for him awhile back, neither of which he's touched since then. Fortunately my Baby Girl loves the Washburn CB and I gave her!

Brian Krashpad
February 28th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I've offered to get my daughter a bass but for now she likes playing my old 80's MIJ Squier Precision Bass.

Congrats to your son Street!

Kazz
February 28th, 2008, 05:26 AM
The nut usually does not fall far from the tree.....way to go.

street music
February 28th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I'll try and get him over on this side of the wall. I'm just excited to have him back into learning to play. We are opposite ends of the state and don't get to spend a lot of time together.

Kodiak3D
February 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Guilty as charged! After I gave dad my Squier, I starting getting the urge to play again. However, since I'd JUST given it to him, I didn't want to say "Uh, dad...could I have my guitar back?"

As much as I liked my Squier, it just didn't have that special look or feel that made me WANT to play it. After doing a lot of research (I AM a scientist, after all), I decided on the Washburn Idol 64 DL, and I'm glad I did. I've already made several changed to it (pups, electronics, knobs, etc) and I play it every night.

But, I did want a 3-single pup guitar as well. Being happy with Washburn, I decided I liked the X-33 and grabbed one off eBay. I just got it yesterday and haven't a chance to play it much yet, but I think I'm going to like it too.

(Wait...I'm having a vision of the future! I see...I SEE...GFS pickups again in my future!)

And yes, I look forward to getting together with Street to play some together, when we finally get a chance.

street music
February 29th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I love the idea of playing together.That's what family should do.

serries 10
March 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
i speak for every body when i say "we love that new guitar smell":dude: