PDA

View Full Version : and i didn't think tonight could top last night

Childbride
February 27th, 2008, 08:34 PM
:D :D :D

got back from my lesson just a bit ago...

my teacher has 'graduated' me to his student band. :beer:

i'm terrified and thrilled at the same time. guess the nerve situation is going to be rectified one way or the other.

i get to start gigging nursing homes :rotflmao: end of may/first of june [i just got my first song on my play list tonight... those don't scare me too bad... my experience (with family) is that residents are so thrilled to have company/entertainment that you could stink on ice and they'd love it]

then, once i get more comfortable/earn my stripes, i may get to graduate to local paying gigs with the band... [he has students of all levels, and picks the ones to play at which venues]

[guilty pang] i really should wait until shiner gets home to tell him first, but i couldn't stand it! i'm really excited! :)

oldguy
February 27th, 2008, 09:13 PM
See how quickly buying an amph and learning barre chords paid off?:D :D :D
Congrats, you earned it!:bravo: :bravo:

ted s
February 27th, 2008, 09:32 PM
right on CB ! good for you ! :AOK:

magoo
February 27th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Way to go CB, you have come a long way in a short time.
Congrats, Playing Gigs will even help you more. You must be so excited.:bravo:

Spudman
February 27th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Be careful. Those nursing home groupies are kind of icky.:messedup:

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Congrats CB!! I have sure enjoyed my student band gigs. Just jump in and play and don't think too much, you'll rock!

Childbride
February 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
:) thank y'all... and yes, i'm really stoked.

this will just motivate me to play even more...

practice makes Better. :D

luvmyshiner
February 27th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Be careful. Those nursing home groupies are kind of icky.:messedup:

Hmmm.:confused: Now that I'm finally married to a rock goddess, do I need to worry about 90 year old men asking her if she'd like to hold their dentures????:messedup: :puke:

warren0728
February 28th, 2008, 06:39 AM
very cool cb....hope you don't forget us little people as you become a "rock goddess" :beer:

ww

mrmudcat
February 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Sorry I missed this and your other tread .Congrats we are proud of you here at thefret!!!

Brian Krashpad
February 28th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Break a leg!

Gigging rocks.

PAPPY
February 28th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Way to go girl. There is nothing more rewarding than putting a smile on someone's face and those folks at the rest homes will love you.

Shiner, am I going to have to get you a bigger hat?? I know how proud you must be. Just want to let the folks here to know what a great supporter for Kimmie you have been, I have seen you in action so don't try to underate your endeavors. I am proud of both of you and sure glad I met up with you at Pearl that first time. It's been a pleasure knowing and watching the both of you progress.

wingsdad
February 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
:AOK: :bravo: :) ;)

piebaldpython
February 28th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Good show there CB, congrats!!! :bravo: Now that you have Barre-ing down and will get much more familiar with the ENTIRE neck in short order; can solo-ing be far behind??? You go girl!! :beer: SLIDIN' time CB!

Cal
February 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
:bravo: Well done Childbride! :bravo:
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-020.gif

No need to tell you to keep up the good work 'cause I know you will. :D

Childbride
February 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
:) thanks again... i gotta get going on my new song tonight...

and Pie... :thwap:

i have to get to the jeweler tomorrow at lunch and have my fingers sized, they shrink in winter, and i really don't know what they are sizewise anymore. Dug has asked me for them, and i've been so horrid busy with work/getting off really late that i haven't gotten it done yet. bad kimmie.

Pappy... miss you, my friend. can't wait til next month and i can play all my new songs for you and the other Pearl Jammers! ;)

just strum
February 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
The title threw me, but as long as I'm here.

Congrats there CB, you are making a lot of progress.:AOK:

Shiner, better be nice to her if you want a backstage pass.

strumsalot
February 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Way to go CB! :AOK:

luvmyshiner
February 28th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Shiner, am I going to have to get you a bigger hat??

Some people think my head couldn't get any bigger Pappy. They're wrong.:D CB surpassed me in talent and skill a long time ago and I couldn't be happier. I feel the same way I did the first time my son beat me at chess, or the first time I heard my Baby Girl sing in public and I realized, DAMN, she's good!:)