PDA

View Full Version : Seagull Artist Mosaic cedar top/mahogany

tjcurtin1
February 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Hey y'all,

I've decided not to keep the Seagull that I bought to try out, so it's going back to MF. It's gorgeous and if I had lots of dough I'd keep it AND get the Larrivee in rosewood, but... It has a lovely sound and plays beautifully, but I really am more drawn to the warmer sound of rosewood.

In any case, I got it for 20% off ($600. instead of $750) and I thought I'd see if anyone here wanted it for the $600. as it is a great price. IF anyone is interested let me know and I can post some photos.

TJC

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Congrats on the Larrivee! I am sure you will enjoy it! The Seagull is a nice guitar!

tjcurtin1
February 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Hey, Steve,

Do you know of this guy? - I stumbled on him while hunting Larrivee's and have since read some complimentatry things about him.

http://www.notableguitars.com/

Best prices by far for the Larry's that I've seen. Thought you might be interested for future reference.

I had pledged myself to a $600. limit, and have been looking for a used OM-3R, but haven't seen many come up... the gas is making me consider a new one over my limit (aarrgghh! Help me before I overspend again!)

sunvalleylaw
February 28th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I have run across that site, and I think thought the same things about price. I am reluctant to order an acoustic over the internet, preferring to play THE unit I am going to buy, but maybe with a good return policy, you could risk it? I would sure want to know all the details about shipping cost, risk of loss, insurance, etc. I have spoken to these folks over the phone before, researching Guilds, and the price seemed good. No association, warranties, yadayada, ymmv, but worth checking out. They sure seemed nice over the phone.

http://www.mapleleafmusic.com/instruments.cfm?sub=56

tjcurtin1
February 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the lead - not so far from me here in Mass., though there are some shops near Boston that carry Larrivee, too. I definitely couldn't buy new locally tho - going price seems to be about $1100. here.

sunvalleylaw
February 28th, 2008, 10:49 PM
They have seemed to go up in the last quarter/half year here as well. I wonder if it is fueled by oil prices and shipping, or what. I used to see under a grand. Now not so much. The D-03R here in town is priced at $1100 or just under too. I could maybe talk the owner down some, but not nearly ready to try.

This is the one I was interested in at that VT store when I called. They were willing to ship for a good price. At that time, around $1200.00 plus shipping. I bet it is more now too.

http://www.mapleleafmusic.com/photoshow.cfm?ins=1251

tjcurtin1
February 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Aaarrgghhh! Did you have to show me that?! I was handed a Guild to play when looking at the Larrivees - maple body and too bright sounding for me, but I did like the feel. My brother got a beauty Guild 12 string at the same time... now I'm feeling I should investigate further... Ah well, half of the pleasure (as I think that Spud or VDM said recently in another thread) is in the hunt.

sunvalleylaw
February 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry man. I do it to myself too. i am not buying such a gitbox anytime soon though. More of a longer range saving project for me. I think Tone is on the hunt in a good compromise and bang for the buck neighborhood for my needs, at several hundred less.