PDA

View Full Version : Schoolhouse Rock

Spudman
February 27th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I loved Schoolhouse Rock when I was a kid. One of my favorites was Twelve Toes. The music is pretty cool.

gJYMSc6ppb8

sunvalleylaw
February 27th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Great post. I love that series. We netflixed a DVD of all of them and kids watched a bunch. I always thought 12 Toes was pretty trippy. LOL!! Being the son of a lawyer/judge, I really liked "I'm Just a Bill" as a kid. I still think people need to understand the three branch form of government better. Here it is.

09geaOlRrEo

Kazz
February 28th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Im justa bill is my favorite....but I remember that entire series...even downloaded the cd that came out a few years back with hair bands remaking the songs....If you want to educate the children...start when they are young and do it with animation....for some reason it works....and if it aint broke....dont fix it.

warren0728
February 28th, 2008, 06:35 AM
"conjunction junction...what's your function" :bravo:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
February 28th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Yeah, they were all great

I have a friend that wears an "I'm just a Bill" t-shirt.

Twelve toes is fantastic, thanks Spud!

Robert
February 28th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Never seen that before. Great music, yes!

Spudman
February 28th, 2008, 08:18 AM
See. Even back then somebody knew just what a good thing rock and roll was for young souls. It's like a cross of rock - Broadway - and prog.

There are a whole bunch of these I've never seen like Interplanet Janet.
PfPEvKsme-c

Spudman
February 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
This almost sounds like Randy Newman. Rufus Xavier Sasparilla for a pronoun refresher course...so WE know how to use THEM here on thefret. :D
hOaty7FpwMI

tot_Ou_tard
February 28th, 2008, 08:32 AM
It's odd how Janet thought that Mercury was too hot, but that the sun was alot of fun ;).

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 09:10 AM
hey, I remember those... cool

marnold
February 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM
VERB! That's what's happenin'!

Katastrophe
February 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
lolly lolly lolly get your ADVERBS here!

tunghaichuan
February 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I remember watching those as a kid growing up in the 70s. Excellent.

A while back I bought the DVD (http://www.amazon.com/Schoolhouse-Rock-Special-30th-Anniversary/dp/B00005JKTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204211499&sr=1-1) and relived my childhood.

My favorite is "Gravity," an explanation of Newtonian physics done doowop-style :dude: "I'm a victim of gravity."

One weird thing: in the one about nouns, they mention Chubby Checker, but the cartoon shows a white man. For years I actually thought Chubby Checker was a white guy. :confused:

tung

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Kazz beat me to the bill one. I liked that one. Man are we getting old or what.

Spudman
February 28th, 2008, 09:54 AM

We may be getting old but we still have great taste in music.:dude:

hubberjub
February 28th, 2008, 03:36 PM
This stuff is far more relevant than the crap that passes for kid's programs know. And once you get into college you develop a whole new appreciation for it.

sunvalleylaw
February 28th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Dude . . . I beat Kazz too!

;) :rotflmao:

I knew you would post to this, given our prior ancient TV threads and posts. :D

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Dude . . . I beat Kazz too!

;) :rotflmao:

I knew you would post to this, given our prior ancient TV threads and posts. :D

Oops didn't see your post when I posted my response. You totally beat us bro!

Spud - yes we do man yes we do. :dude:

marnold
February 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
This stuff is far more relevant than the crap that passes for kid's programs know. And once you get into college you develop a whole new appreciation for it.
I remember in high school when we had to write the preamble to the Constitution, everybody was singing that song in their heads. I could tell because their heads were bobbing in time.

Bloozcat
February 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
My favorite was, "naughty, nasty, mean old number nine".

Gee, what a surprise that I would like the Blooz number best...even back then...:cool: