PDA

View Full Version : Stranglehold

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 04:15 PM
By Terrible Ted..
Please feel free to correct the error of my ways.
The chord changes are basic, seems to me that it's in the key of C for the most part with a short shift once in a while to A, but I can't find the noodley sweet spot (mode) for improvising over this. What am I missing ?
(besides skill, wiseacres ;) )

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Main riff is A, actually entire song is in key of A. Octave D to A hammer on (3rd string) with the A drone (5th string). DUH duh..duhduhduh..duh...duh duh duh duh da daduhduhduh duh duh duh boom bah dah.

hubberjub
February 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM
It's actually in the key of A minor which is C's relative minor key. You should be good just jamming in A minor. It drops down to F#minor for a couple of bars early in the song. I think it's where the solo starts. I hope this helps.

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 04:37 PM
thanks guys, looks like I was maybe over thinking it.

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Teddy....observe the hand position on this video it will help you...

...and yeah those are loud arse Fender Twins.

cYOV8uu17t0

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 04:41 PM
hmmmm well it worked a minute ago......who the heck removed this video!

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 04:43 PM
hm,I broke the internet last, now Tone, what's the deal..
thanks Tone, I'll keep my eye on it.

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I swear dude when I found that it was still up. The minute I posted it here it went away. I wonder if that is a new feature in trying to link to vids there? Robert do you know?

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I tried Am pent. and it didn't sounds right, maybe I'm stinking more than usual.

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I tried Am pent. and it didn't sounds right, maybe I'm stinking more than usual.

Are you playing through the main long solo or the break on the first solo...the F#, A, B, F# part? A minor pent should rock there dude. You didn't open tune your guitar did you and forget! ;)

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
gimme some time to blame it on something else.. :poke:

Tone2TheBone
February 28th, 2008, 05:43 PM
gimme some time to blame it on something else.. :poke:

hahaha ok! :D