PDA

View Full Version : new take on a old song

pes_laul
February 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
This is a song I wrote about half a year ago. It's done In my home studio. I did all the mixing and playing. the reason why it gets so noisy at parts is because the cables are getting bad. Also the part where the piano stops I have to press a button to make the drum machine change beats. No vocals cuz my mic is broke.

Here's the link http://www.box.net/shared/8hiivj7oks

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Right on Kris :AOK:

Where you been hiding ? Still have those pups ? (as in baby dogs, not pickups)

pes_laul
February 28th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Right on Kris :AOK:

Where you been hiding ? Still have those pups ? (as in baby dogs, not pickups)
I haven't been around been writing a album and recording in the studio. As for pups we sold them all but our dog is pregnant again.

street music
February 28th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Pes, I enjoyed your clip, I have a name for the song that you might use to build some vocals. I listen to it twice and for some reason the words NEVER MY WAY come to mind. I just thought of that you may already have written some vocals.

pes_laul
February 28th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Pes, I enjoyed your clip, I have a name for the song that you might use to build some vocals. I listen to it twice and for some reason the words NEVER MY WAY come to mind. I just thought of that you may already have written some vocals.
street if you look in the lyrics thread you can find the lyrics the song is called "lies" I probably will have the vocals up by monday or tuesday

aeolian
March 5th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Kris, I listened to your recording. It's quite good what you got there; much better than what I could have done at your age.

A couple of suggestions: you can tighten your timing a bit, the transition from section to section can be smoother, work on adding a bridge section, that will break up the repetition.

Let us hear it again when you've added vocals.