PDA

View Full Version : I thought my pedal chain was getting out of control....

duhvoodooman
February 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
....until I saw this on the web:

http://a56.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/106/l_411a475addedef0d3501f58c73e617ef.jpg

The signal chain contains the following:

Carvin AB Box > Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster > MXR Dyna Comp > Boss Super Shifter > Dunlop Crybaby From Hell > Dunlop Wylde Wah > Morley Bad Horsie 2 > Boss V-Wah > Digitech Expression Factory with external footswitch > Dunlop Origninal Crybaby > Rocktron Black Cat Moan > Danelectro Shift Daddy > Danelectro Shift Daddy > Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah > Snarling Dogs Very Tone Dog > Electro Harmonix Frequency Analyzer > Boss OC-2 Octave > Digitech Synth Wah > DOD Envelope Filter > Danelectro French Fries Auto Wah > Digitech Synth Wah > Dunlop Q Zone > Electro Harmonix Doctor Q > Electro Harmonix Bass Balls (USA) > Electro Harmonix The Worm > Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler > Electro Harmonix Micro Synthesizer > Electro Harmonix Tube Zipper > Rocktron Heart Attack > MXR Blue Box > Rocktron Purple Haze Octavider > Line 6 Dr. Distorto > Zoom Tri-Metal > MXR Distortion+ > MXR Dimebag Distortion > Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff > Electro Harmonix Big Muff (Russian) > Electro Harmonix Double Muff > y cable to DOD Supra Distortion and DOD Grunge > Morley ABY > Tech 21 Tri AC > Danelectro Bacon and Eggs Distortion > Boss DS-1 > Digitech Crossroads > Electro Harmonix Micro Clone Theory > Marshall Vibratrem > Rocktron Vertigo Vibe > Danelectro Rocky Road Rotating Speaker Simulator > Electro Harmonix Pulsar > Rocktek Vibrator > MXR EVH Phase 90 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez Phase Modulator > Digitech Hyper Phase > Marshall Regenerator with expression pedal > DOD Stereo Phaser > Electro Harmonix Small Stone (Russian) > Danelectro Sitar Swami > Digitech Turbo Flange > Danelectro FAB Flange > Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress > Digitech Turbo Flange > Rocktron Hypnotic Flange > Danelectro FAB Chorus > Ibanez Stereo Chorus > Ibanez Chorus Flanger > Marshall Supervibe > Line 6 Space Chorus > DOD TEC 4 > Alesis Faze > Alesis Phlngr > Alesis Ampliton > ZOOM 509 Modulator > Korg Toneworks Multi Effect > Digitech Modulator > Dunlop Rotovibe > Digitech Red Special > Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience > Digitech The Weapon > Boss ME-50 with external footswitch > Yamaha Magic Stomp > Yamaha UD Stomp > Boss Blues Driver > MXR Wylde Overdrive > Digitech Bad Monkey > DOD Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive > Electro Harmonix Nano Linear Power Booster > Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox > Rocktron Banshee Talkbox > Boss Noise Suppressor > Digitech Black 13 > Line 6 Echo Park > Danelectro FAB Echo > Visual Sound H2O > Rocktron Short Timer Delay > Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man > Korg Dynamic Echo > Digitech Digidelay > Ibanez DE-7 > Line 6 Verbzilla > Electro Harmonix Holy Grail > Digitech Digiverb > Boss RV-5 Reverb > Digitech Reverberator > Boss DD-20 Giga Delay > Brownsville EQ > Ibanez Lo-fi > Ebtech Hum Eliminator > Behringer mixer

That's 107 effects between the AB box and the mixer!!! And that doesn't even include some of the effects on the floor in front of the guitars, which are before the AB box! :eek:

I feel much better about my own pedal chain now.... ;) :D

Spudman
February 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'll bet he doesn't take that to gigs. :D I wonder how he gets "his sound" then at a gigs.

It kind of looks like a store display...but at least he didn't have to get on his roof to take the picture.:dude:

Robert
February 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Uhh, that is...mmm... well, the word INSANE comes to mind.... :whatever:

I bet he would love to set all that up half an hour before a gig! :D

Wonder if there's any signal left once it goes through all that?

And he really needs to put the Alesis Faz *after* the DD-20... sigh, I guess he's gonna have start all over again. ;)

Katastrophe
February 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
He'd either have one hell of a switching system or look like the dude from "Riverdance" while playing!

That setup defines the term "overkill."

Tone2TheBone
February 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
He needs to put the Fuzz Face AFTER the wah that silly guy! +1 for him having a music room though......

oldguy
February 29th, 2008, 11:22 AM
That would squash so much signal......... it would hiss like 100 tires leaking air.... looks pretty impressive, though. Anybody that would spend the time to hook it all up has to be O/C or very,very,very,very,very,very,very dedicated.

Spudman
February 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM
He'd either have one hell of a switching system or look like the dude from "Riverdance" while playing!

lol Here he is changing patches.
uaHmcCp77JE

Justaguyin_nc
February 29th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Thank goodness he has those looped thru his Boss NS-2!!!

tot_Ou_tard
February 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
He needs a Klon.

Robert
February 29th, 2008, 12:04 PM
And a ZYS.

duhvoodooman
February 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
And a ZYS.
:AOK: :dude: :bravo:

Gil Janus
February 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
He needs to replace his MXR Dyna Comp with a Keeley Compressor and then he might sound decent. :poke:

I have 5 effects pedals and 1 tuner and I think I have too many! :thwap: And I need a good compressor :AOK:

Gil :cool:

WackyT
February 29th, 2008, 02:57 PM
GEEZ! :messedup:

I mostly use the Boss CS-3 with a little compression > ART Tube MP > Fender Champ 30 w/ a little reverb.

Robert
October 28th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Time to revive this thread and photo. This pic makes me feel more normal about my pedal collection. :)

Ch0jin
October 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Am I looking at thousands of dollars of stomp box's running into two solid state Peavey amps?

anyway... ahem.....bust this...

lWm4b_Wmp_A

Jimi75
October 29th, 2010, 02:09 AM
It's the epitome of the never ending sound search :-)

I bet the guy could scrap 95% of the padeal if he bought only one decent amph.

oldguy
October 29th, 2010, 03:58 AM
It's the epitome of the never ending sound search :-)

I bet the guy could scrap 95% of the padeal if he bought only one decent amph.

Jimi75 speaks the truth.:dude

Eric
October 29th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Am I looking at thousands of dollars of stomp box's running into two solid state Peavey amps?
Oh, the original picture. Yeah, good point.