PDA

View Full Version : Washburn J28SDL

just strum
February 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm probably putting this on E-Bay this weekend, but figure I would post it here if anyone is seriously interested. PM me and make an offer.

It's a 2005 model that I purchased in September of 2006.

Currently sells at web stores for $690. Guitar comes with bone saddle, the famous Dreadman tuner buttons that you heard about and strung with D'Addario EJ16 Lights. Also comes with a Planet Wave sound hole humidifier.

The guitar plays well, but a professional set-up will enhance the playability.

Some additional info:

Full, deep bottom end and balanced hi end response.

Highly figured maple back & sides combined with a solid spruce top give the jumbo Washburn J28SDL Cumberland Maple Acoustic Guitar a powerful low end without sacrificing sweet mids & highs. The classy abalone rosette ties in with the snowflake abalone fingerboard inlays and gold Grover 18:1 gear ratio tuners. Natural finish.

Washburn J28SDL Cumberland Maple Jumbo Acoustic Guitar w/case Features:

* Solid spruce top
* Quilted maple sides and back
* Maple neck with trussrod
* Tortoise shell pickguard
* Signature black and white top binding
* Rosewood headstock veneer
* Neck and headstock binding
* Rosewood fingerboard and butterfly bridge
* Exclusive gold Grover 18:1 gear ratio tuners with ebonite buttons
* Abalone rosette

Washburn J28SDL Cumberland Maple Jumbo Acoustic Guitar w/case Includes:

* Includes hardshell case

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture031.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture030.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Guitars/Picture028.jpg

Pike
February 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Is that the last of your Washies Strum?

just strum
February 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Is that the last of your Washies Strum?

That would be it for now. As is usually the case, I was playing it tonight and started second guessing my decision, but I have to make room for new additions and the money it takes to get those new additions - you know the drill as well as anyone;)

strumsalot
February 29th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Last acoustic too???

just strum
February 29th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Last acoustic too???

yep

strumsalot
February 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Guess we've really lost you to the Dark Side.:D

BTW, I wish I had the funds...I would make you an offer.

tjcurtin1
February 29th, 2008, 08:57 PM
A real beauty, Strum - you sure? And your LAST acoustic - c'mon, everybody needs at least one acoustic! So fess up, to what realms is the gas leading you astray?

luvmyshiner
February 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I hate to see it Strum.:cry: But for anyone who's interested I'll vouch for the Cumberland and for Strum. She's a sweet guitar, jumbo with solid top. And the bone saddle's a plus. She's a real cannon.

+ I purchased a guit from Strum for CB, her EA20, ebay would be lucky to have a dude like this.

Ok, gotta get away from the mushy stuff and get back to my center . . . you suck dude.:poke:

luvmyshiner
February 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
LAST ACOUSTIC? Dude, now you really suck. Ya' gotta keep just one.

just strum
February 29th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I hate to see it Strum.:cry: But for anyone who's interested I'll vouch for the Cumberland and for Strum. She's a sweet guitar, jumbo with solid top. And the bone saddle's a plus. She's a real cannon.

+ I purchased a guit from Strum for CB, her EA20, ebay would be lucky to have a dude like this.

Ok, gotta get away from the mushy stuff and get back to my center . . . you suck dude.:poke:

Whew, thank goodness for the last line, I was worried I was getting ready to read xxxxooooo:D

wingsdad
February 29th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Strum, your passion to learn, to improve, has progressed since you've gotten away from acoustics and into playing electrics. Easier action, more variety of sounds and tones at your fingertips with the electrics makes for more ways out of 'ruts' with the broader horizon.

So, its adios to your last acoustic? Frankly, the J28SDL is a really nice maple jumbo, great bang for the buck (like most Washies). But...

As your only acoustic, it's really not the most 'versatile' or 'all-around' type to have. So parting with it to focus on electric actually makes sense. Some day, perhaps when you've reached something of a 'comfort zone' in your playing progress after sticking with that lesson program you've just gotten into, you may long for an acoustic.

When & if that time comes, you'll probably be best off hunting down an a/e cutaway mahogany backed dread. If you're only gonna have one acoustic and electric's your main squeeze, IMHO, that's a go-to type. Versatile, all-around performer. And you'll want the option to plug in.

Pike
March 1st, 2008, 02:37 AM
Great advice Wings, and you know Strum, Scarborough Fair's just not going to sound the same on an electric.

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 05:19 AM
Guys, anyone that knows me from pre-fretnet and those that have come to know me since joining, realize that I will not go acousticless for long. Right now I have the calling and I must pursue the path of the electric to become the master of my dojo which for me pertains to my training of musical arts.

It's a beautiful guitar, but the money will be best served adopting another electric. Every Washburn acoustic I've sold, I regretted doing so after it was gone, and this one will be no different.

Kazz
March 1st, 2008, 06:24 AM
We have been this route before....and of course we are still a week before my bonus check comes in....blast.

wingsdad
March 1st, 2008, 11:39 AM
Great advice Wings, and you know Strum, Scarborough Fair's just not going to sound the same on an electric.

Thanx, Pike, ol' friend ;) You've been on the Strumster to get ScarFair down with the tab/whatnot you provided him for...eternity? :rotflmao:

Actually, I think SF sounds pretty cool fingerpicked on a Strat, pup pos. 2 or 4, clean, with a dash of chorus and/or slow, wide-sweep phase shift...maybe some cascading delay set by tap-tempo. :cool:

Give it a whirl, Strum :poke:

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 11:45 AM
Pike encouraged me to learn finger picking and I do try on occasion, but I have not dedicated myself to practicing it. When I go in to take advantage of the mentoring portion of the lesson program, I might pursue an instructor that specializes in finger picking.

wingsdad
March 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
... I might pursue an instructor that specializes in finger picking.
:AOK:

marnold
March 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Although, it might even sound better:

ItBv3niixZA

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 12:36 PM
You guys (the forum) make abstaining from GAS very difficult and you make selling a guitar very difficult. We all can't be like Spud and Bryan or there would be no guitars left in the world.

Marnold, :AOK: on the video.

Pike
March 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Although, it might even sound better:

ItBv3niixZAWow, that's good. I wouldn't say better. Different, that's for sure.

Pike
March 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
Thanx, Pike, ol' friend ;) You've been on the Strumster to get ScarFair down with the tab/whatnot you provided him for...eternity? :rotflmao:

Actually, I think SF sounds pretty cool fingerpicked on a Strat, pup pos. 2 or 4, clean, with a dash of chorus and/or slow, wide-sweep phase shift...maybe some cascading delay set by tap-tempo. :cool:

Give it a whirl, Strum :poke:Dang, I gotta get an electric again.

wingsdad
March 2nd, 2008, 10:45 PM
Dang, I gotta get an electric again.
:thwap: ;) :)

Rocket
March 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Dang, I gotta get an electric again.
I can hook ya up Pike. Better be quick though.

Dreadman
March 2nd, 2008, 11:13 PM
You're still without an electric Pike? I'd recommend a visit to CRUGE right away.

Pike
March 3rd, 2008, 12:13 AM
Whatcha got Rocket? What's CRUGE Dreadman?

Dreadman
March 3rd, 2008, 12:32 AM
Crazy Rockets Used Guitar Emporium

Rocket
March 3rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Heh-heh... CRUGE.
Got an Ultra/case. You better be way into LP's though and accustomed to very narrow nut & fast, near-zero tapered neck.
If you got big fingers or need room to operate... this one's NOT for you.

just strum
March 8th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Well, in 58 minutes the last of my acoustics will be gone and I will be all electric and officially 100% dark side.

xiT3dwPIk1I&feature=related

mrmudcat
March 8th, 2008, 07:56 PM
My last accoustic(non reso) is being/has been donated to charity.:beer:

I will have a hummingbird or martin soon though;)

just strum
March 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
My last accoustic(non reso) is being donated to charity.

I will have a hummingbird or martin soon though;)

One of those certainly would be nice as your one acoustic. I will get another eventually. As soon as I wear out my Darth Vader outfit.

The auction just ended - SOLD!!!