PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Goes Electric - on PBS tonight

sunvalleylaw
February 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Watchin' Dylan on PBS goin' electric in a public performance the first time with "Like a Rolling Stone" on a sunburst strat. Being about 2 at the time of this '65 concert, and not paying much attention since, I have not seen this. Not saying he is the rippingist strat player, but interesting to watch. :AOK:

3FoZUtbd3ng

Some shots of some Fender amphs in the back ground before the song started on PBS. Based on the guitars, basses and amphs, Fender ruled that night.

It is one of those fundraiser nights so there are big breaks. I am playing along on the "sounds like Black Magic Woman" backer during breaks. Interesting to jump back into a Carlos style after watching Dylan with his acoustic and harmonica. The show covered the Newport shows from 63 forward a few years.

tot_Ou_tard
March 1st, 2008, 07:15 AM
Dayum missed another good'un on PBS.

duhvoodooman
March 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Dayum missed another good'un on PBS.
+1!

But poking around on the "related videos" after the one above, I found this '66 performance of the same tune with The Hawks (i.e. The Band) backing up ol' RZ. Some cool close-up shots of Garth Hudson with more hair and no beard, and Robbie Robertson pickin' his Tele.

xO0gSJGJ7Fs