PDA

View Full Version : Baby Derringer and Frankenstein

Spudman
April 1st, 2006, 06:36 PM
Here is a classic. Four guys kicking a**. Remember Frankenstein? This is Rick Derringer before the middle age spread got to him. One other cool thing...I've gigged with the drummer Chuck Ruff. No April foolin. Enjoy the video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cGiNwanTVMo&search=rick%20derringer

ZoSo65
April 1st, 2006, 07:04 PM
"Baby Derringer",,,they ain't kiddin'!
Always loved that tune, thanks for posting it ;)

duhvoodooman
April 1st, 2006, 07:34 PM
Geez, now I feel really old! That was made in '73. I can remember Derringer--actually Rick Zehringer at the time--with his original band, The McCoys, when they had a #1 hit with Hang On Sloopy in the summer of '65. He was just 17 at the time....

warren0728
April 1st, 2006, 07:41 PM
cool video...you tube really is amazing!

ww

SuperSwede
April 2nd, 2006, 01:57 AM
Hey Spud, when did you meet Tomas Bodin?

Nelskie
April 2nd, 2006, 07:42 AM
WOW! Now that's some happenin' stuff! Didja' happen to catch a glimpse of Rick's Marshall in the background. Edgar & Co. were certainly at the forefront of the early to mid 70's rock scene, and this video is a good example of why.

Can you imagine Christmas-time music get-togethers at the Winter household? Edgar on keys / sax, and Johnny on slide? Whoa!

warren0728
April 2nd, 2006, 07:52 AM
Can you imagine Christmas-time music get-togethers at the Winter household? Edgar on keys / sax, and Johnny on slide? Whoa!
talk about rockin' around the christmas tree!

ww

Spudman
April 2nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Swede
I hung out with him and all The Flower Kings in Denver on March 11. I was asked to post the experience here and will do so when I have time to write and get over the high from spending the day with them. Amazing guys and super amazing musicians. Their new album Paradox Hotel is out in the USA on Monday! Tomas was so cool he just threw an arm around me and said "let's take a picture." Lets see Axle Rose do that.

Nelskie
April 2nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Lets see Axle Rose do that.

Axl who? Didn't he used to sing in one of Slash's old bands? (*see what happens to your career when you start beating-up supermodels!) ;)

SuperSwede
April 2nd, 2006, 01:04 PM
Spud, you are one lucky dude to be able to hang out with your idols :)