PDA

View Full Version : Imagine no reality shows

strumsalot
March 1st, 2008, 01:49 AM
I really detest the reality shows and such, but this kid might be worth following. At 17, you have to be pretty good to pull off Lennon.

ovborwDaooQ

Is there any show that any of you can't do without or love to hate???

oldguy
March 1st, 2008, 02:14 AM

Nope.
I can live w/o any TV, and I don't have time to hate..........
That singer's not bad, tho.

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 05:05 AM
I have never watched a complete half hour or hour of a reality show. Never watched a complete talent show (ie: American Idol). I am one of the few who walk this earth that have not seen one minute of Dallas during its run or reruns.

My TV, when watched consists mainly of Discovery and the History Channel, PBS, News, music shows like the ones on VH1 Classics, some sports, and love Seinfeld reruns.

My TV consumption may average 30 to 45 minutes per day.

PAPPY
March 1st, 2008, 07:52 AM
Watching TV cuts out my computer time so I don't watch it much except from 6 pm to 7 pm when two episodes of The Rifleman is on and I just can't miss watching the reruns of which I've seen all of them several times over.

Seriously I don't watch much TV but the RFD channel has some good music shows from time to time and I like the Ralph Emory interviews with different stars. Crook and Chase is back on now and it's usually entertaining.

strumsalot
March 1st, 2008, 07:56 AM
My TV, when watched consists mainly of Discovery and the History Channel, PBS, News

Same here. I do like that show How's It Made on the Discovery Channel.

BTW, your Cavs recently made a good trade, don't you think?

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 08:08 AM
BTW, your Cavs recently made a good trade, don't you think?

It should pay off. I wasn't sure about West (point guard), but he seems like a good addition. When Gibson comes back, they will have a good core of outside shooters. You can already see LeBron starting to take advantage of being able to push the ball up court and being a little more free of the opponents defense.

Sorry for the OT, but hit on a subject I couldn't pass up. I guess it sort of answers the sports I watch.

warren0728
March 1st, 2008, 09:15 AM
i'm not much of a tv fan.....haven't watched a sitcom in over 10 years

on the reality tv side i don't think i would like them either....except....

on bravo there is a series called top chef....having been a chef in a previous life i do enjoy that show....not for all the drama crap and personal dynamics but to see what cool foods they come up with with limited time and/or unusual foods and budgets.... :pancake:

ww

stingx
March 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
All I watch is RaveHD for the Soundstage performances and Jools Holland. I will occasionally watch VH1C and MonstersHD - oh, and Curb Your Enthusiasm any time it's on!

marnold
March 1st, 2008, 09:35 AM
I don't watch much T.V., but I do pay extra so that I can get Versus and watch hockey.

hubberjub
March 1st, 2008, 09:51 AM
I got rid of cable over two years ago and couldn't be happier. Netflix is great though.

tjcurtin1
March 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
This is really interesting - Fretters must make up some kind of strange Twilight Zone demographic... I was expecting to read lots of posts about things I have no idea about, much less have seen. We haven't watched TV for years now - reception is nil where we live, and as (cheap) Yankee, I was damned if I was going to PAY for TV (especially when I learned that there were ads on cable, too!). Now, I marvel at how I ever had time to spend that way; I always have better things to do. +1 for Netflicks, though, as we do enjoy the occasional movie.

I would guess that at least in part, having music as an interest provides something deeply satisfying which generally raises one's expectations about life and the way time should be used .

Justaguyin_nc
March 1st, 2008, 11:51 AM
At 17, you have to be pretty good to pull off Lennon.

I seen that one.. this is the first year I am actually watching American Idol.. and enjoying it..

They say he is the one to beat.. The young man sounds very good and comes across well. I enjoy the show.

Other than that..

I always have TCM on for old movies.. love the channel.

Then Court/Tru TV and CNN Nancy Grace.. she would be the person you hate to watch.. I think she is an idiot ..
so I enjoy yelling at her as I watch it..(speaking of idiots..ohwell :))

Also, have small netflix and blockbuster accounts to get the latest movies...
Sometimes one or the other has the new releases on hold so it's nice having both.

:AOK:

player
March 1st, 2008, 03:56 PM
I have never watched a complete half hour or hour of a reality show. Never watched a complete talent show (ie: American Idol). I am one of the few who walk this earth that have not seen one minute of Dallas during its run or reruns.

My TV, when watched consists mainly of Discovery and the History Channel, PBS, News, music shows like the ones on VH1 Classics, some sports, and love Seinfeld reruns.

Ditto Stum- although I have been known to catch a DIY show from time to time.like OG I've no time plus hate is not in my vocabulary however dislike is :bravo:

Kazz
March 1st, 2008, 04:09 PM
CSI is my primary weakness...but we do watch Big Brother and Survivor.....Survivor I have watched the last 3 seasons regularly...this is the first time I have ever watched Big Brother....the couples thing just caught my interest.

Katastrophe
March 1st, 2008, 08:12 PM
I don't watch tons of TV, and when I do, it's usually on a cable channel. I do enjoy a few reality shows. Iron Chef America is always cool, because you see awesome talent at work. The other reality shows I sometimes watch because I get perverse pleasure and amusement watching some of the goofy things people do to each other.

Other than that, I'm either on thefret or watching what Mrs. Kat has on. We spend alot of time with the TV as background noise while we're chasing Baby Kat around the house.:D

warren0728
March 1st, 2008, 08:49 PM
hey kat...if you like iron chef check out this upcoming season of top chef on bravo channel....starts in the next couple of weeks...

ww

sunvalleylaw
March 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
I don't watch reality shows much, though I might check in once in a while with the Apprentice. As far as TV generally, Thurs night soaps with my wife (Gray's Anatomy, ER), Brothers and Sisters on Sunday, and PBS Soundstage or Austin City Limits on Fridays are about the only fairly regular things. Guitar and this place took the place of most of my former TV time.

Spudman
March 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
There is one show...Mrs. Spud came home from the video store with 3 DVD's that were part of the first season of Lost. I didn't watch the first episode but I was kind of listening to it and when she started the second episode I started watching and have been completely hooked since.

I think it is one of the best written shows of all time. It has some of everything and I mean all aspects of the human condition, adventure, mystery and a liberal dose of physics.

We rented the first 3 seasons and watched each episode in bliss with nary a disruption except for the bathroom thing. No commercials. These writers keep me guessing and surprising me with every episode. Just when I think I understand something they throw in a completely unexpected twist. Brilliant!:bravo:

We don't do the cable thing so now we watch very little regular television. It's usually just movies we rent. There is just too many other fun things to do in life than sit on our butts like rocks being passively entertained. We prefer to experience or own reality show.:AOK:

Katastrophe
March 2nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
hey kat...if you like iron chef check out this upcoming season of top chef on bravo channel....starts in the next couple of weeks...

ww

That's one of the other ones we watch. Good thing Bravo reruns the shows at different times. It should be a good season...:AOK:

pes_laul
March 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
I personally hate reality shows (except for american idol) But stuff like dancing with the stars. I don't wanna see tom cruise doing ballet dancing-If I wanna see dancing I will watch proffesionals.

I know I have some outspoken views