PDA

View Full Version : It Figures I'm Up

just strum
March 1st, 2008, 05:40 AM
How often does this happen to you:

Every day this week I overslept and was running late for work. All week I longed for the opportunity to sleep in and today I get up at 5:00 AM:mad:

I'll get a little playing in (unplugged, damn I need to get headphones), but I so badly wanted to sleep to 8:00 or 9:00.:thwap:

Kazz
March 1st, 2008, 06:26 AM
Same boat Strummer......but I have been up since 4.....well I think you are on Eastern time so that means we got up at the same time.

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
Two days in a row. Today I am up at 5:00 AM.

I can't believe it. A week of over sleeping and the desire to sleep in - AND I'M UP AT 5:00AM!!!

Well, only one solution - buy headphones so I can play guitar.

sunvalleylaw
March 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
Well, I could have kept sleeping, but the kids get up regardless, usually by 6:30. At least today, I got them to go back to sleep until 7.

just strum
March 2nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
Well, I could have kept sleeping, but the kids get up regardless, usually by 6:30. At least today, I got them to go back to sleep until 7.

My kids are 16 and 18, so it's me going around the house to keep the noise down, although I should take the opportunity to pay them back for all the years they would wake me up.

My son starts his new job today at Noon and I figured I would let him sleep. I also didn't want to wake up my daughter because she's a pain when she gets up. About 10:30 a friends parents pull up and drop her off. Here she was at a church lock-in with a bunch of friends. I keep telling her if she keeps up with her attitude she's going from lock-in to lock-up.

She walks in the door and announces she didn't sleep last night and she thinks I'm not going to plug in the guitars - WRONG!!!

sunvalleylaw
March 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
She walks in the door and announces she didn't sleep last night and she thinks I'm not going to plug in the guitars - WRONG!!!

Sounds like a natural consequences lesson. Turn up the overdrive and distortion pedals and dime it!! ;)