PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche: "Queen of the Reich"

marnold
March 1st, 2008, 12:43 PM
I just loves me some old Queensryche. "Operation Mindcrime" is my favorite album ever. This one is earlier than that, from their eponymous EP. The video is as campy as all outdoors, but man does the song rock.

YAi6yiQdcAI

Which reminds me, I really need to get "Operation Livecrime" on DVD.

Skittles
March 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
I always liked Silent Lucidty. It seemed to be the moment they seen the powers that be.:)

Spudman
March 1st, 2008, 01:55 PM
QOTR was what turned me on to Queensryche. I got the EP when it came out. Can you say Nightrider or Lady Wore Black? I knew you could.
The Spud house loves Queensryche.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/ryche064.jpg

ted s
March 1st, 2008, 02:19 PM
Marnold, you crack me up Rev. Rock.
How old were you when you got turned on to "the devils music" ?
Did you want to be a pastor then.. I'm not being a wise guy, these questions are honest.

Jimi75
March 1st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Oh man, Queenryche is/was such a great band! I love them and the duo of Wilton and DeGarmo was one of the best there was at that time.

I rmembmer being 16 or 17 years old on flight back from New York to Frankfurt, Germany. i had my Sony Walkman with me and sacrificed the last battery power to rewind my Queensryhce mix tape so that I could listen to "Walk in the shadows" when the Jumbo started to take off. Crazy, he? I longed for that very moment the whole day long.

I liked them a lot until DeGarmo left, after hat they started getting more average.

marnold
March 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Marnold, you crack me up Rev. Rock.
How old were you when you got turned on to "the devils music" ?
Did you want to be a pastor then.. I'm not being a wise guy, these questions are honest.
I was a freshman in high school. I was attending one of my church body's prep schools whose primary purpose is to train future pastors and teachers. I had grown up listening to my Mom's 50s stuff (not bad), Oak Ridge Boys (OK), and Barry Manilow/The Lettermen (soul-crushing). No wonder I turned to metal. I consciously avoided stuff that was even outwardly Satanic. For example, I stayed away from Crue's "Shout at the Devil" album for that purpose, even though I knew their "Satanism" was a fake marketing ploy. Of course, I also feel they jumped the shark after "Too Fast for Love," but that's me. Celtic Frost was right out. Basically, you won't catch me listening to black/death metal. Theological reasons aside, I'm just not that angry of a guy.

A classmate of mine had a massive stereo on which I heard my first two metal albums: Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" and Dokken's "Tooth and Nail." My musical tastes were never the same after that. Of course, I also believe that a Bach chorale is some of the most powerful music ever written.

marnold
March 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
I always liked Silent Lucidty. It seemed to be the moment they seen the powers that be.:)
I prefer their heavier stuff. I probably wouldn't mind Lucidity so much if I didn't hear it a bajillion times on the radio.

I heard "Empire" on the radio for the first time in a LONG time the other day. I used to loathe that song for the same reason. I think it's been long enough since I heard it that I liked it again.

Dreadman
March 1st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Great band. Ten layers deeper than most.

Every 12 string owner should know The Lady Wore Black

Here's another GREAT song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvGyokze54

Skittles
March 2nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
I prefer their heavier stuff. I probably wouldn't mind Lucidity so much if I didn't hear it a bajillion times on the radio.

I heard "Empire" on the radio for the first time in a LONG time the other day. I used to loathe that song for the same reason. I think it's been long enough since I heard it that I liked it again.

Yeah true! Same with I Don't Believe in Love. BTW who's that in your avatar. I seen that guitar in a video on VH1 classic the other day. He did a solo then got grabbed up by a demon in it:dude:

Katastrophe
March 2nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
"Eyes of a Stranger" and "Speak" are two of my all time favorite tunes. I really dig the video as well. Full of campy goodness!:rockon:

tunghaichuan
March 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
QOTR was what turned me on to Queensryche. I got the EP when it came out. Can you say Nightrider or Lady Wore Black? I knew you could.
The Spud house loves Queensryche.

I wore out a cassette copy of OoTR when I was in high school. I played that EP so much I got sick of it in a hurry. :rotflmao: It has been a long time since I've heard it, maybe I should give it a listen again.

tung

marnold
March 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah true! Same with I Don't Believe in Love. BTW who's that in your avatar. I seen that guitar in a video on VH1 classic the other day. He did a solo then got grabbed up by a demon in it:dude:
That's my hero, George Lynch. Actually, he got grabbed by Freddy. The video you are referring to is the one to "Dream Warriors."