PDA

View Full Version : It's "Refurb Day"!

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm dusting off a couple of Strats I haven't played more than a few minutes in over a year. Today, it's the "Old Soldier" - my Double Fat.

For a long time, this was my Number One, with lots of beer, sweat and bars on it, as well as about seven and a half billion notes. The trem was corrosion city, so I replaced it with one of my spares in better shape. I replaced the bio-hazard strings, oiled the neck and tweaked the trussrod. Now I need to finish setting it up.

Once that's done, it's off to "degunking"....................:D

hubberjub
March 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
That's funny because I just did the same with my 91 American Standard Strat today for the first time in over a year.. I even swapped the bridge back to the original Fender floating trem from the Wilkinson I dropped in a couple of years ago. I didn't care for the sound of it.

Plank_Spanker
March 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
And it's now set up to a "T", degunked and polished to the nines, and ready for another seven and a half billion notes! :rockon:

warren0728
March 1st, 2008, 08:53 PM
i need to do that too....just had my les paul :greenguitar: serviced at my local music store (it was a trade out for an ad) they cleaned out all the electronics and gave it a complete setup with new strings, intonation, etc....i need to "clean up" all my other guitars (myself) including oiling the fretboards...new strings (which i already have), etc....just need to find a half a day (at least) of free time to get it done! :thwap:

ww

Plank_Spanker
March 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
I usually set aside the better part of a day for overhauls and cleaning on all of my regularly played guitars. I take good care of my guitars, but the gig horses get rode hard and need a little extra TLC at times. I haven't touched this Double Fat in over a year and it was pretty nasty.

It's on to the next Strat this weekend.