PDA

View Full Version : Favorite progressions & strumming patterns.

tot_Ou_tard
March 2nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
I've been working on my rhythm chops.

Specifically, I've been working on getting in the groove with barre chords. I want to have this down before moving on to more interesting rhythm moves.

I'm looking for new progressions coupled with strumming patterns.

I'd like the strumming to vary occaisionally during the progression and have a great groove. The progression should be interesting with maybe one or two challenging chords to extend my capabilities.

I'm looking for both straight & shuffle patterns.

I'd need the up, down pattern as well as time markings (16th, 8th, quarter, etc.) I'm not sure how to do this with ascii.

Does anyone have a favorite?

Alternatively, I'd love to be pointed to a good book. I do have some nice books, but they don't explore deeply enough. They want to move on to new things too quickly. Usually you get a page of strumming paetterns & 2 pages of progressions. You are supposed to mix & match. I'm looking for something more interesting & iconic, but I'll take anything you have.

Thanks all!!!

piebaldpython
March 2nd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hey TOT,
Here's a DVD by Bob Brozman. I have not seen THIS vid but I have others of Bob's and they are top shelf. Especially when it comes to setting up a rhythm!!! Good luck and let us know how it is if you get it.
http://www.homespuntapes.com/shop/product.aspx?ID=956

tot_Ou_tard
March 2nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Yow, pretty cool pie! Brozman is da man.

That's probably too advanced & to acoustic focused for me right now, but is definitely worth getting down the road a spell. Thanks!